By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why All The PS3 Hate?

People buy HDTVs becuase they need a new TV and HDTV is all that is available. If people mainly cared about HD, 720P HDTVs wouldn't sell.

Around the Network

The holidays brings the joy in people

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

Why the PS3 hate?

Well, Ill give you my two cents.

First off i loved the PS and PS2. They were great gaming consoles that provided an excellent line up of titles and quality gameplay.

Then comes the PS3. It didnt have the titles for its first year following its launch. Plus the thing was absurdly expensive. And perhaps worst of all was Sony's arrogance. They just expected it sell in spite of the fact. And they didnt even fully commit to it. They still have the PS2 going, which is okay i suppose. But MS and Nintendo had a different approach and it has worked out better for them.

For me the PS3 started as a disappointment. And then when I realized how much better 360 titles were, I got one of those instead. Since then Ive been in love with the 360. And the Wii is in the middle for me. The PS3 just kept sinking lower in my mind until I began to loathe its presence.

So no way am i paying so much for another console. Aside from MGS4 and LBP there is nothing out I really want to play on PS3. But it looks like they will have an awsome 2009 line up. Throw in a price drop and I may have to reconsider my stance.

Hawkeye said:
People buy HDTVs becuase they need a new TV and HDTV is all that is available. If people mainly cared about HD, 720P HDTVs wouldn't sell.

Why they're selling isn't important. The point is that they're selling period. Most people are resistant to change and would not budge except they had no choice. Then when they change, they realize that it isn't all that bad. Many technological movements are like this.

Seriously, many of you are just picking at straws to thow one more bone at the article or the ps3 that it's getting pathetic.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

leo-j said:
They hate it because...its the sucessor to the best console ever created, and its very expensive.

That is why people hate it.  NOT because it is the successor to the best console ever created but because of thousands of people like you claiming the PS2 or sony what not is the best console ever, or best company ever.  If you guys would refer to most SUCCESFUL instead of throwing in your OPINIONS as being fact then maybe people wouldn't hate you so much and want to post any article saying something bad about sony.  And when i say you I ain't attacking you directly but to all huge sony fans that do what I posted above.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
They hate it because...its the sucessor to the best console ever created, and its very expensive.

No the SNES is the best console ever created. PS2 is maybe second best console ever created but that is a matter of opinion. I would even say Wii or XBox 360 is the second best console ever created due to what they offer. Wii unique controls. XBox 360 excellent online and great games library.

They hate it coz they can't afford it. And it has the best games Myahahahaha...
Just kidding *****

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

because they dont have one lol

Pristine20 said:

Sony is doing a fine job of handling the PS3. Unlike the PS1 and PS2 before it, this time there are other consoles competing against PS3. Sony isn’t left alone to dominate the industry like it did before. Back when the PS1 was popular, what other console was there to buy? The same goes for the PS2.

Well this is a load of crap.  How can anyone take this article seriously after reading this?

Ender said:
Pristine20 said:

Sony is doing a fine job of handling the PS3. Unlike the PS1 and PS2 before it, this time there are other consoles competing against PS3. Sony isn’t left alone to dominate the industry like it did before. Back when the PS1 was popular, what other console was there to buy? The same goes for the PS2.

Well this is a load of crap.  How can anyone take this article seriously after reading this?

So what was the competition back then?

Seriously, the article ignores the competition because they were virtually non-existant. When ps2 was leading, I rarely saw talk of the xbox or GC. Not the same this gen. The fact that we've spent so much time these past weeks discussing last place ps3 is proof enough. As much as we praise the wii, it still has nowhere near the market penetration of ps2 and ps1 and they didn't even need to introduce anything revolutionary to get that far.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler