By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Preview - Downloadable only on the Wii!

The final boss... a comet? Talk about epic!!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
Around the Network

Ok, I havent really watched all these videos, but I will say this REALLY quick. First of all. Well. You dont download the videos.

You download a pritty program, with a 'flash' enabled video player embedded.

It might even be a glorifyed web-browser application. I'll have to go play with it.

I'd rather watch this on my 26inch TV, than my 15inch monitor.

I do want to say, this is NOT downloadable content. This is a 10meg video streamer.

A 10 minute you-tube video is ~100meg.

I love saying this, and I'm gonna have a blast rubbing this into people's faces now. And this REALLY sucks for people in austrila who have to pay for bandwidth.

Why?

If you stream 15 minutes of HQ video that would be 'roughly' the same size (bandwidth) as downloading it. The only diffrence is, if you wanna watch it agian, you download it agian.

This is not positive. I mean, it's positive you can 'watch' video on your Wii. But then agian, you can watch video from YouTube on your cell-phone.

I think it's nice you can watch video. But I have never been a fan of streaming. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

I'm not complaining. Anything Prime 3 related, especially a dedicated channel, is good enough for me!!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
Androo said:
Prime 1 and 2 were both heavy on the story. Why are we surprised to see this? It's not like the scan visor didn't do anything in Prime 1 and 2...

lol no

Prime with heavy story? The only Metroid with anywhere near a "heavy" story was Fusion, and people moaned about that. Judging from all the Prime 3 trailers, this is going to be just like the first 2 - an objective per area, with perhaps some rare instances of voiced dialogue from NPCs. End of the world? Maybe for purists/elitists, but really, not even close.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Kwaad said:

Ok, I havent really watched all these videos, but I will say this REALLY quick. First of all. Well. You dont download the videos.

It might even be a glorifyed web-browser application. I'll have to go play with it.

I do want to say, this is NOT downloadable content. This is a 10meg video streamer.

I love saying this, and I'm gonna have a blast rubbing this into people's faces now. And this REALLY sucks for people in austrila who have to pay for bandwidth.

Why?

If you stream 15 minutes of HQ video that would be 'roughly' the same size (bandwidth) as downloading it. The only diffrence is, if you wanna watch it agian, you download it agian.

This is not positive. I mean, it's positive you can 'watch' video on your Wii. But then agian, you can watch video from YouTube on your cell-phone.

I think it's nice you can watch video. But I have never been a fan of streaming.

let's see... you download a "pritty" program... and it is "NOT downloadable content".  hmm, something's not quite right.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network
Kwaad said:

Why?

No one really gives a damn. I want games in my console, not videos. How it's downloaded, if at all, isn't what's causing the hype so much as the fact that this content is being offered in the first place.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:

No one really gives a damn. I want games in my console, not videos. How it's downloaded, if at all, isn't what's causing the hype so much as the fact that this content is being offered in the first place.

wtf? Actually people bitch about the 'size' of videos on the PS3 if you wanna download stuff.

I actually dont understand what part of my post your responding to.

Other than.

"Videos suck. I want the game."

Ok, Well dont waste your time watching video's about it, and dont waste your time reading about it. Go out and buy it... whenever it comes out.

My point on this is, Hardware wise. You are NOT downloading a video. You download a 10meg User Interface, that has a 'online' video streamer built in. What this says to me is, their makeing it a royal pain in the ass for 3rd party to put content out on the Wii.

So you have to have a special 'video' channel, and even if/when one comes out, all it's gonna be is be a Wiitube. Same crap streaming protocol, same crap quality.

I'm not saying 'OOO WII SUCKS' for one. I am just answering someone's question, who asked earlier. How does this work. Either way. I love how your post makes no sense, other than attacking everything negative I said about the Wii, when actually I am saying they found a way to make video work on the wii. I was just pointing out, nothing was really gained. Just found a halfass way around the problem. Hey it works, not the quality I would expect... but hey, it works. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

@Bod,

You are going to say I am crazy and I probably am. But I thought that GTA: San Andreas had an awesome story and an awesome cast of voice actors. I would love them to turn that one into a movie, it already felt like I was participating in a great movie to me anyways.

To Each Man, Responsibility

The videos are awesome! They now have them up on IGN, so you can watch them with better compression even if you don't live in the US:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748547/vids_1.html

I downloaded them off Gametrailers. No silly IGN watermark!!

PS: The guy playing in the Bridge Battle was awsome. I wouldn't want to play against him!

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5