By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Average Age of the Hardcore Gamer?

I'd say it is about 15 years old.

Not going through the 20+ range because majority of people in that age also work, date, bla bla, don't have the time and pacience for games like she/he has in his teenager years.

Note: This is an AVERAGE. We don't care about you being 22 or whatever and being 2 muchz hardcorz. Because there are out there 11, 12 and 13 years old kids who are much more hardcore than most of you.

Around the Network

I think it all depends on your definition of "Hardcore Gamer" ...

I do think the violent-gaming obsessed graphics whores tend to be a much younger than the typical gamer.

HappySqurriel said:

I do think the violent-gaming obsessed graphics whores tend to be a much younger than the typical gamer.

Hardcore gamer: the guy that plays games about 4 hours per day and mainly cares about games and have the time for it - 15 year old teenager (with rich parents preferentially).

I'm a hardcore gamer with hundreds of games, a dozen systems and tens of hours a week invested into gaming. I'm well over 15. I have a job and a gf. I balance everything. Those who give up their passion for gaming just for a job or other aspects of life aren't true gamers to begin with.

One_touch_KO said:
HappySqurriel said:

Hardcore gamer: the guy that plays games about 4 hours per day and mainly cares about games and have the time for it - 15 year old teenager (with rich parents preferentially).

I work 50 hours a week pay my bills, and find time for gaming about 4 hours a day, i dont do it every day, and some days I do more.

sundays i watch ffotball and dont game... im 24.

so far i find offense in what you consider core gamers, but then again despite having lots of games and enjoying playing them frequently i am still not core. 

games i spend the most time on right now raindow six vegas 2, mercs 2, BF:BC, super mario brothers 3, and fable 2. 

in the next week i should pick up left-4 dead, been looking at it for a bit. 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

9 (mental age)

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

He must be around 20?

Seriously, I'd say young kids, like 10-15 years old. I know I used to play a shitload of games during that time. Real life is starting to suck. :(

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

goddog said:

I work 50 hours a week pay my bills, and find time for gaming about 4 hours a day, i dont do it every day, and some days I do more.

sundays i watch ffotball and dont game... im 24.

I wonder what the connection is between the social trends of the aging gamer and the rise in the average age of getting married.

Oldschool hardcore gamers, from back in the Genesis/Nintendo days, watch Netflix now. ¬_¬

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I say 14 (mentally) but really 22.