By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Average Age of the Hardcore Gamer?

pap64 said:
On the upside, a casual gamer meant someone who enjoyed gaming but didn't dedicate his whole time around the hobby.

Now, casual gamer means soccer moms, families and old people playing games. A gamer can buy a 360 and play Halo or Gears of War and still be casual since the concept is that you enjoy them but don't play them all the time.

I think this misconception is why some people refuse to accept that PS2 was successful because of casual gamers.  To them the idea that a casual might play GTA3 does not compute.

Around the Network

The average age, mmmm

I'll say 19. It's old enough to have a good incoming, presents from families and friends are usually money (or games), and you actually have free time. Earlier the games you have are less and later you actually don't have time to play.

The age can fluctuate. It's probably easier to be older, because you don't have schooling constraints, especially that of homework. However, if "hardcore" are the kids who play Halo 3 for 8 hours a day, then probably 16 or 17. Real hardcore gamers don't really have an average age, IMO.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Not another one of these Hardcore/Casual threads. The only thing that matters is that people enjoy playing the games on whatever system they own.

BTW: Where do you get this information from? Provide a link to the site.