By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 sales are inflated due to redundant purchases from impatient gamers.

So the attach rate of the xbox 360 is not 8.1 is 16.2? or higher? or people that buys 2 or more 360's buy two or more of the saqme game?

Around the Network
FrostyTop said:
dougsdad0629 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Okay, I know it is pointless, because even if everybody said that they don't know anyone who did this you would still believe the other way, because you just like it, but I will try to bring up one arguement that just proofes you wrong.

So let's say a significant number of sales are redundant. Let's say 20%, because it is easy to calculate with. That would be 20million unique Xbox360-users. The Xbox360 is still a software-selling-machine. Imagine the "real" attach ratio. The ratio right now is 8.1! So with a smaller userbase but the same amount of software sold, the attach ratio would increase even higher. That would be close to 10.0. So every Xbox360 users would have bought 10 games, which is definately not the case. There you can see, there can't be a significant number of redundant Xbox360 sales.

Same for Xbox Live. There are more than 14 million UNIQUE Users on live (probably 15 million after Xmas when the kids have the console under the Xmas-tree and actually start using it.). That would be like 5 million Xbox360s without Xbox Live. 75% of the consoles would be on Xbox Live. That is just not the case.

There you go, the number of people owning multiple Xbox360s is not that big, probably as big as the multiple PS3 users (One for gaming, one for BluRay).

Aside from your first paragraph (and its tone), another good post.  I'm looking for the truth and I'm looking for people to agree that people who spend money to replace something that can be done for free are idiots.

Oh in that case, I completely agree with you.

I just don't see that creating a thread like this will actually get you anywhere in terms of finding out the true facts of the matter. Or even any genuine information at all. It serves no purpose.

There are some very stupid people around, I have a friend who bought a new Xbox 360 when he got banned from Xbox Live for modding his console. He's got more money than sense though and is far from "the norm".

I mean this discussion could be taken in so many directions, there's just no way to analyse what your after in any non-biased fashion. I'm sure there are many million PS3's sitting around just being used as Blu-Ray players, but that doesn't mean we can deduct them from the sales and class them as redundant.

Some stones are best left unturned, when you haven't got enough "knowns" to find the "unknowns" your not going to get anywhere.

I suppose you're right.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Ok I forgot the content, so we are are talking about?

Something just went over my head... I was just thinking, if I were a squirrel, just a regular squirrel and I was in a forest doing my squirrelly thing, and one day I looked up....

And I saw... A Flying Squirrel... what would I think? I'd think that squirrel is (mmm) nuts.

Anyway no, in the end we are talking about the 360, and if you think their is something wrong it's much easier to just rant about it, heck it's easy for me to tell you this also; do you homework. Your the one interested XD and I'd love to see what you come up with anyway.

Good luck if you take it up.

P.S. If you do choose to do that then you'll command as much respect with me as Source XD when he types I read.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dib8rman said:
If I remember correctly some people were tossing around a 35% fail rate on the Falcon. I'm not sure of the source though.

LOL, the fail rate on the launch 360's probably wasn't that bad.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

360's overtracked in Australia by 70,000. MS announcement confirmed this

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

I wish I had that kinda money, thats crazy. But, when it comes to being out of warranty, there are 3 PS2 sales that are redundant from me, due to the DRE problems.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Billy Gun said:
So the attach rate of the xbox 360 is not 8.1 is 16.2? or higher? or people that buys 2 or more 360's buy two or more of the saqme game?

Was just going to post the same thing, also if my system dies I'll probably buy a new Jasper but then resell the fixed launch system on ebay, I doubt many of the dead 360s are being tossed in landfills by their owners.

So I guess because my friend owns 5 different DS colors we should only count 1 of those. Seriously who cares

flagship said:
Billy Gun said:

Was just going to post the same thing, also if my system dies I'll probably buy a new Jasper but then resell the fixed launch system on ebay, I doubt many of the dead 360s are being tossed in landfills by their owners.

thats just how 360 users roll we each own 3 360s, and 21 games.... just to make the 360 look better 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

dougsdad0629 said:

In other words, despite how many systems your site has tracked being sold, how many have been to UNIQUE users?

So... I own and use two 360s... therefore the second one DOESN'T COUNT, because it was not sold to a UNIQUE user? 

Okay vgchartz data collectors, please -1 360 sale.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick