By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 sales are inflated due to redundant purchases from impatient gamers.

DTG said:
First, the 360 is lucky to sell 35-37 million LTD. 55 million is laughable.

Second, the ps3 is not expensive. If you have a good job a ps3 is next to nothing and the only people complaining are teenagers, unemployed, or the uneducated stuck with crap jobs.

Hey buddy,

Before you want to claim that the 360 is gonna be lucky to sell 35-37 million consoles LTD, you may want to actually...You know...Look at the numbers before you say that.

After Christmas, the X360 will be within 8-10 million units of your claimed "lucky" status. How, pray tell, is the X360 going to see such an insane dropoff next year to meet your abysmal projections? Nuclear attack? Zombie plague?

Last I checked, the X360 was beating the PS3 2:1 worldwide (or near it), and as far as we can tell, will be in the driver's seat for the first half of next year.

The X360 is assured to hit at least 8 million units next year alone and still has 2-4 years left to sell. Stop being such a friggin' fanboy and posting BS numbers when there's no imaginable way that you could look at the numbers and come up with that.

By your logic, I could reasonably assume the PS3 will not sell more than 35 million units LTD.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
DTG said:

omg, stop making it seem like getting the console fixed for free is such a great deal. It takes WEEKS of downtime for you to recieve the system back and begin playing your games again. Maybe for a casual gamer that is no big deal, but many hardcore gamers wouldn't be able to survive for several weeks without their system of choice. 200 for instant gratification is not too much to pay for.

Nope. It doesn't take that long to get a fixed 360 back. A few weeks ago, I posted an exact timetable for my experience. It was around 15 days, with 5 of those being days I didn't bother sending my X360 in for, having printed out my shipping label. It could of been as little as 6 had I sent it in on the right day.

mrstickball said:
DTG said:

omg, stop making it seem like getting the console fixed for free is such a great deal. It takes WEEKS of downtime for you to recieve the system back and begin playing your games again. Maybe for a casual gamer that is no big deal, but many hardcore gamers wouldn't be able to survive for several weeks without their system of choice. 200 for instant gratification is not too much to pay for.

Nope. It doesn't take that long to get a fixed 360 back. A few weeks ago, I posted an exact timetable for my experience. It was around 15 days, with 5 of those being days I didn't bother sending my X360 in for, having printed out my shipping label. It could of been as little as 6 had I sent it in on the right day.

That's quite surprising. 6 days seems sensible, but if you live outside the US, does that 6 day rule still hold true? During my stay in Europe I had to have my Ps2 repaired, it took two and a half weeks to finally recieve it back, which was simply too much time without my ps2, especially during summer months. I ended up buying a new one about a week and a half in.

Well this is anecdotal evidence, i doubt this has any impact on the overall Sales. I understand some people buying a second console, if you stuck with older model you might want to get a Jasper to reduce noise, heat etc. etc. etc.

@DTG

Dude think what you wrote there, PS3 is EXPENSIVE even for people with decent jobs, because for majority of people spending something like 299 pounds on a product is a big deal.

OK, if that is the case then it seems like people with 2 X360 buy 2 of the same game then?

Please,  COD WAW, Fallout 3, and 99.9% of third party games are selling twice as much on the 360 than the PS3. So your logic is way off budy.

Around the Network
Lolcislaw said:
Well this is anecdotal evidence, i doubt this has any impact on the overall Sales. I understand some people buying a second console, if you stuck with older model you might want to get a Jasper to reduce noise, heat etc. etc. etc.

@DTG

Dude think what you wrote there, PS3 is EXPENSIVE even for people with decent jobs, because for majority of people spending something like 299 pounds on a product is a big deal.

Look, looking at annual GNP (income per capita) figures in the United states, it is around 50.000$ per person in 2008. That means the average American makes about 4200 a month. 1050 a week. Is 299 or 399 or even 499 such a big deal when the average person makes that amount in less than 2-3 days? And that's the average income, there is a sizable portion of the population making well over that amount. 399 is a few days worth of work at most. Burger flippers don't count.

@ DTG -

If median income really didn't effect gaming sales, then the Wii and X360 wouldn't be bludgeoning the PS3 to death...Just like every lower-priced system has bludgeoned the failed consoles like the 3DO, Neo Geo, Dreamcast, Saturn and the like.

Is $200 a big difference? No..Probably not. But it's a big enough of a difference when that person goes to the electronics store and sees far more games for the X360 or Wii than the Playstation 3...And then wonders why they have to pay $200 for what they may deem as being 'less'.

when my 360 rrod in august i waited 2 months before sending it in. i sent it on a monday, i got it back on the friday.
And no the few people who would buy twice dont inflate the overall 360 sales... maybe by 5000...

I never said it doesn't effect hardware sales. What I am saying is that it shouldn't effect hardware sales, because most westerners have or can easily create the cash to buy a 399 system. 399 is nothing, even a student willing to flip burgers for 2 weeks would have enough for a ps3. Thee average, educated worker should have no problem affording a ps3 without complaining about expenses.

DTG said:
Lolcislaw said:

@DTG

Look, looking at annual GNP (income per capita) figures in the United states, it is around 50.000$ per person in 2008. That means the average American makes about 4200 a month. 1050 a week. Is 299 or 399 or even 499 such a big deal when the average person makes that amount in less than 2-3 days? And that's the average income, there is a sizable portion of the population making well over that amount. 399 is a few days worth of work at most. Burger flippers don't count.

unless they are caring for a family have to pay rent, for heating, cable, a car, groceries, college loans, thats where most of my money goes, and im making at the moment right under 50k a year right now, rent can be a big killer depending on where you are... for me its paying off college, once thats done ill have quite a bit more ot blow on stuff like that 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog