By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 sales are inflated due to redundant purchases from impatient gamers.

I'll add an X360 Slim to my installed base of consoles though if one of those ever will be released (and according to MrStickball there will b).

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Same lies as usual spread all over again. (based on cherry picked anecdotal evidence at best)

25 million X360's sold in three years is a huge success no matter how you spin it.

Nearly 50 million units will have been sold when Xbox 3 launches in Nov 2011.

Over 55 million X360 consoles will be sold in total, life-time.

He's just trolling.

I've reported him

damndl0ser said:
Grasp at straws much? If you can't wait 5-10 days to get your 360 fixed you must be addicted beyond belief.

I would imagine a few people do go off and buy a 360 when their original RROD's. But they probably were probably thinking of purchasing another anyway.

That's exactly what I thought, but I couldn't believe people in the other thread just blew it off as no big deal to buy another console.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Probably a very small percentage overall.

Irrelevant anyway. PS2 was famous for dying and being replaced. Probably 10% of it's sales were replacements.

And although you don't hear about it at least a few Wiis and PS3s would have died and needed to be replaced too.

dougsdad0629 said:
Slimebeast said:

Same lies as usual spread all over again. (based on cherry picked anecdotal evidence at best)

25 million X360's sold in three years is a huge success no matter how you spin it.

I'm completely open to the idea that it is just bullshit.  I just want to know the truth.  I'll probably buy a 360 at some point, just not right now.

No

You're just deliberately trolling to wind people up and make the 360 look bad because you're insecure about your PS3 purchase.

Read my post in your other stupid thread, that was also made just to get peoples backs up.

Around the Network
FrostyTop said:
Slimebeast said:

He's just trolling.

I've reported him

Trolling?  I'm asking for this site to do what it is they do, which is investigate sales numbers.  We've had polls about dumber things.

Dont get the numbers mixed up, the numbers here express how many consoles were purchased, thats it.

It's not inflated because the console was still purchased.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

These multiple purchases obviously exist, but I'm not too sure about how big of an impact they would have on the overall userbase ...

Back at the height of the RROD Microsoft was actually replacing quite a few people's XBox 360 systems with brand-new units, and then taking the broken XBox 360 and refurbishing it. These refurbished systems were often sold at a major discount (which is how I bought my XBox 360) and I doubt they were tracked by either VGChartz or NPD.

Now, its impossible to determine how many people bought a second XBox 360 and how many people bought an untracked refurbished system but I suspect that the numbers would balance out well enough that the overall sales are not that inaccurate.

FrostyTop said:
dougsdad0629 said:
Slimebeast said:

I'm completely open to the idea that it is just bullshit.  I just want to know the truth.  I'll probably buy a 360 at some point, just not right now.

No

You're just deliberately trolling to wind people up and make the 360 look bad because you're insecure about your PS3 purchase.

Read my post in your other stupid thread, that was also made just to get peoples backs up.

I also own a Wii and have pretty much owned every single console ever sold outside of a 3DO.  I will one day own a 360.  I'm just interested in the mindset of some people who are willing to throw money away in place of something free.

I'm willing to bet more people bought a PS3 to only use as a Blu-Ray player than people who couldn't be bothered to get their $200-$400 console fixed for free.