By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Shooterbox confirmed, lol? Soon the top 6 games will be shooters!

L.C.E.C. said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Onyxmeth said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
KylieDog said:
Explains why 360 sells biggest in the US, they like shooting stuff.

T*at's w** t*e european edition o* unc*arted allows *ou to use diplomac* to get past enemies...

Are you having an argument currently with F, H and Y?

I've decided to ban t*ose *ascist ke*s *rom te englis* language! Down wit* t*em' down I sa*.

Now seriousl*' m* ke*board didn't survive *esterda*'s cleaning session... kids i* ou want to keep *our ke*boards *or *ears' don't smoke at t*e computer. Getting a new one tomorrow' sunda*s ever*t*ing is closed 8(

Uh... This can help you out for now...:

Start>All Programs>Accesssories>Accessibility>On-Screen Keyboard.exe

LOL I've never seen this feature before.

But I have it in Start>All Programs>Accesssories>Ease of Access>On-Screen Keyboard.exe

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah....shooter box. This gen?....someone needs to take their meds. The Xbox was called the Halo box because Halo was the only good selling game on the system and pretty much the only reason to buy the system. Times have changed and this a much more diverse gen. What the original Xbox had to offer was shit compared to this one.

P.S.

Since when was the sales of shooters the reason for Xbox to be called a shooterbox? The library speaks for itself.

Because every game in the top 5 is a shooter? The fact that those 6 shooters I mentioned would comprise 20% over the overall software sales? Im not saying the 360 hasn't got a fantastic diverse library, just that its funny theres a massive wedge of shooters at the top, all deserving of course.

I understand what you're saying. You usually have a good point with what you say. It's just that sales still doesn't make it the "Shooter box". If Shooters were the only good games then we'll talk. I agree the Xbox was a shooterbox for sure.

Onyxmeth said:
PosGameConsolePublisherHitsScoreSalesLast Update
1 Grand Theft Auto IV Rockstar Games 253,443 7.74 5.12m 08th Oct 08
2 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Activision 123,779 7.88 3.85m 13th Apr 08
3 MotorStorm Sony Computer Entertainment 27,980 7.63 3.73m 21st Oct 08
4 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Konami 702,227 8.01 3.67m 29th Oct 08
5 Resistance: Fall of Man Sony Computer Entertainment 148,178 7.75 3.40m 26th Jan 08
6 Assassin's Creed Ubisoft 37,608 7.76 3.14m 24th Sep 08
7 Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Sony Computer Entertainment 71,034 7.86 2.51m 02nd Apr 08
8 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Sony Computer Entertainment 272,274 8.09 2.29m 05th Nov 08
9 Call of Duty: World at War Activision 1,551 0.00 1.80m 03rd Sep 08
10 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock RedOctane 10,915 7.74 1.75m 05th Apr 08

Notice the PS3 has six games that qualify as "shooter". They are MGS4, COD4, COD:WaW, Uncharted, GTA IV and Resistance.

PosGameConsolePublisherHitsScoreSalesLast Update
1 Halo 3 Microsoft 566,611 7.08 8.68m 17th Nov 08
2 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Activision 80,606 6.99 6.78m 03rd Nov 08
3 Grand Theft Auto IV Rockstar Games 80,884 5.76 6.47m 08th Oct 08
4 Gears of War Microsoft 42,192 7.64 5.65m 07th Nov 08
5 Assassin's Creed Ubisoft 29,537 7.36 4.26m 24th Sep 08
6 Forza Motorsport 2 Microsoft 26,485 7.53 4.24m 14th Nov 07
7 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock RedOctane 14,615 7.34 3.74m 03rd Sep 08
8 Gears of War 2 Microsoft 57,039 6.63 3.44m 18th Jul 08
9 Call of Duty: World at War Activision 3,245 0.00 3.16m 03rd Sep 08
10 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 2K Games 13,264 7.70 2.61m 29th Nov 08

PS3 -

GTAIV - Action/Sandbox
Call of Duty 4 - Shooter/FPS
Motorstorm - Racer/Off Road
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Action/Adventure
Resistance 2 - Shooter/FPS
Assassin's Creed - Action/Sandbox
Gran Turismo - Racer/Simulation
Uncharted - Action/Adventure
Call of Duty: WaW - Shooter/FPS
Guitar Hero 3 - Music

Shooters - 3

360 -

Halo 3 - Shooter/FPS
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Action/Sandbox
Gears of War - Shooter/TPS
Forza 2 - Racer/Simulation
Guitar Hero 3 - Music
Gears of War 2 - Shooter/TPS
Call of Duty:WaW - Shooter/FPS
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - RPG/Action

Shooters - 5

GTAIV isn't a shooter, Metal Gear Solid 4 isn't a shooter, Uncharted isn't a shooter... even though the main form of combat in these games revolve around guns, they are not shooters. If this was the case then Mass Effect and Fallout 3 might aswell be considered shooters...

4 ≈ One

That's silly guys. Games nowadays feature so many kinds of genres.
There's nothing wrong with calling GTA IV, MGS4, Uncharted & Tomb Raider third-person shooter.

Barozi said:
L.C.E.C. said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Onyxmeth said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
KylieDog said:
Explains why 360 sells biggest in the US, they like shooting stuff.

T*at's w** t*e european edition o* unc*arted allows *ou to use diplomac* to get past enemies...

Are you having an argument currently with F, H and Y?

I've decided to ban t*ose *ascist ke*s *rom te englis* language! Down wit* t*em' down I sa*.

Now seriousl*' m* ke*board didn't survive *esterda*'s cleaning session... kids i* ou want to keep *our ke*boards *or *ears' don't smoke at t*e computer. Getting a new one tomorrow' sunda*s ever*t*ing is closed 8(

Uh... This can help you out for now...:

Start>All Programs>Accesssories>Accessibility>On-Screen Keyboard.exe

LOL I've never seen this feature before.

But I have it in Start>All Programs>Accesssories>Ease of Access>On-Screen Keyboard.exe

Meh... I have XP, You probably have Vista...

Around the Network

real nice, thats a nice RV right there clark.

Dgc1808 said:

PS3 -

GTAIV - Action/Sandbox
Guitar Hero 3 - Music

Shooters - 3

360 -

Halo 3 - Shooter/FPS
Guitar Hero 3 - Music

Shooters - 5

GTAIV isn't a shooter, Metal Gear Solid 4 isn't a shooter, Uncharted isn't a shooter... even though the main form of combat in these games revolve around guns, they are not shooters. If this was the case then Mass Effect and Fallout 3 might aswell be considered shooters...

Well the same argument could be made for Gears of War 1 & 2. It also has the main form of combat revolving around guns, but just like Uncharted and MGS4, has many other features that can usually only come with a third person perspective. All three feature cover systems, dodging techniques, melee combat and primary combat featuring guns. The only one of the three that seperates itself in some cases is MGS4, because if you're good, you can avoid combat throughout almost the entirety of the game. Uncharted and Gears are really cut from a similiar cloth though. Far too similiar for them to be in different genres in my opinion.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
Dgc1808 said:

PS3 -

GTAIV - Action/Sandbox
Guitar Hero 3 - Music

Shooters - 3

360 -

Halo 3 - Shooter/FPS
Guitar Hero 3 - Music

Shooters - 5

Well the same argument could be made for Gears of War 1 & 2. It also has the main form of combat revolving around guns, but just like Uncharted and MGS4, has many other features that can usually only come with a third person perspective. All three feature cover systems, dodging techniques, melee combat and primary combat featuring guns. The only one of the three that seperates itself in some cases is MGS4, because if you're good, you can avoid combat throughout almost the entirety of the game. Uncharted and Gears are really cut from a similiar cloth though. Far too similiar for them to be in different genres in my opinion.

And Killzone 2 will enter the chart in a few months...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).