By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Shooterbox confirmed, lol? Soon the top 6 games will be shooters!

Name Console Publisher Japan America Others Total
Halo 3 Microsoft 0.10 6.22 2.36 8.68
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Activision 0.09 4.79 1.90 6.78
Grand Theft Auto IV Take-Two Interactive 0.06 4.14 2.27 6.47
Gears Of War Microsoft 0.08 3.62 1.95 5.65
Assassins Creed Ubisoft 0.07 2.82 1.37 4.26
Forza Motorsport 2 Microsoft 0.04 2.81 1.39 4.24
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock RedOctane 0.01 2.91 0.82 3.74
Gears of War 2 Microsoft 0.00 2.27 1.17 3.44
Call of Duty: World at War   0.00 2.16 1.00 3.16

Both Call of Duty and Gears 2 look like they are on track to sell more than the 4.26M of Assassins creed so in effect the top of the list on the Xbox 360 will be shooter after shooter. So it looks like Xbox 360 = shooterbox, PS3 = wannabe shooterbox and Wii = release some shooters please on my box, box.

Tease.

Around the Network

it is still step up from the original xbox

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

LOL funny
Wii=please release some shooters on my box
LOL

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

JRPGbox and horrerbox as well. Racerbox pending.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Yeah....shooter box. This gen?....someone needs to take their meds. The Xbox was called the Halo box because Halo was the only good selling game on the system and pretty much the only reason to buy the system. Times have changed and this a much more diverse gen. What the original Xbox had to offer was shit compared to this one.

P.S.

Since when was the sales of shooters the reason for Xbox to be called a shooterbox? The library speaks for itself.

Around the Network

its no surprise, most 360 games buy it for shooters/madden

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah....shooter box. This gen?....someone needs to take their meds. The Xbox was called the Halo box because Halo was the only good selling game on the system and pretty much the only reason to buy the system. Times have changed and this a much more diverse gen. What the original Xbox had to offer was shit compared to this one.

P.S.

Since when was the sales of shooters the reason for Xbox to be called a shooterbox? The library speaks for itself.

Because every game in the top 5 is a shooter? The fact that those 6 shooters I mentioned would comprise 20% over the overall software sales? Im not saying the 360 hasn't got a fantastic diverse library, just that its funny theres a massive wedge of shooters at the top, all deserving of course.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

P.S.

Because every game in the top 5 is a shooter? The fact that those 6 shooters I mentioned would comprise 20% over the overall software sales? Im not saying the 360 hasn't got a fantastic diverse library, just that its funny theres a massive wedge of shooters at the top, all deserving of course.

that shows that the majority of 360 owners like shooter games, but the game library is more than just shooters.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I think that it says something about the fan base for the 360. I know that their library has things other than FPS games.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Microsoft has done anything to appeal at every gamer, they even bought a lot of JRPGs... But the majority of owners still have it because of the shooters...

Now Sony is trying to get a piece of the pie, and Nintendo don't care as much...