By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Shooterbox confirmed, lol? Soon the top 6 games will be shooters!

VBI said:
GTA4 IS a shooter. A third person shooter. It's part of a unique sub-subgenre (sandbox), but it's still a game in third person where gun combat is a primary function of the game. That makes it a shooter, in the most general sense of the word. Stealth games are the same if they have guns as a focus. Unless you can stealth through the entire game, which I don't believe you can do in MGS, or there are no guns.

Tomb Raider would NOT qualify as a shooter because the gun combat is a small secondary element of the game.

People need to realise, "shooter" is a VERY generalised term, and it can apply to vast amount of games.

By that loose logic then GTA IV should also be considered a racing game, since you spend so much time in cars. So instead of calling it a shooter, let's label it as a racing game, and now PS3 has 3 racing games in it's top 10 and 360 has 2.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

So whats your point? I love shooters....along with racers, sports, fighting and arcade games and 360 has the best of all those IMHO.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

Onyxmeth said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
KylieDog said:
Explains why 360 sells biggest in the US, they like shooting stuff.

T*at's w** t*e european edition o* unc*arted allows *ou to use diplomac* to get past enemies...

Are you having an argument currently with F, H and Y?

I've decided to ban t*ose *ascist ke*s *rom te englis* language! Down wit* t*em' down I sa*.

Now seriousl*' m* ke*board didn't survive *esterda*'s cleaning session... kids i* ou want to keep *our ke*boards *or *ears' don't smoke at t*e computer. Getting a new one tomorrow' sunda*s ever*t*ing is closed 8(

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

It's nothing to do with the 360 alone. This gen is shooter gen. Compare the number of games this gen that have shooting as a very active form of gameplay vs those that don't (at least on PS360, I don't follow the wii much).

Perhaps it has something to do with western gaming dominance vs Japanese resistance to console gaming.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

No, GTA4 is a hack and slash. You use quite a few melee weapons. Or maybe it's a simulation game. Watching TV, going to comedy clubs, etc. Or maybe it's a super popular casual minigame collection, with all the different activities it has (bowling, pool, darts).

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
No, GTA4 is a hack and slash. You use quite a few melee weapons. Or maybe it's a simulation game. Watching TV, going to comedy clubs, etc. Or maybe it's a super popular casual minigame collection, with all the different activities it has (bowling, pool, darts).

It's a simulation... a murder simulation!

/jack t*ompson

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

That's actually kinda disturbing but oh well.

This is a retarded thread. Of course the best sellers on the console are shooters as it ALWAYS has been, just like the stupid 'wii' line of games are the best sellers on the wii. Look how well shooters sell on wii and see that fans of shooters need a home.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Onyxmeth said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
KylieDog said:

T*at's w** t*e european edition o* unc*arted allows *ou to use diplomac* to get past enemies...

I've decided to ban t*ose *ascist ke*s *rom te englis* language! Down wit* t*em' down I sa*.

Now seriousl*' m* ke*board didn't survive *esterda*'s cleaning session... kids i* ou want to keep *our ke*boards *or *ears' don't smoke at t*e computer. Getting a new one tomorrow' sunda*s ever*t*ing is closed 8(

Uh... This can help you out for now...:

Start>All Programs>Accesssories>Accessibility>On-Screen Keyboard.exe

L.C.E.C. said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Onyxmeth said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
KylieDog said:

Uh... This can help you out for now...:

Start>All Programs>Accesssories>Accessibility>On-Screen Keyboard.exe

Gee, thanks for making me aware of such feature... of course I'm on mac os so I had to google how to bring it up.