By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF X-2 is better than FFXII !!!

I fully agree and predict that there will never be a Final Fantasy as bad as XII with its pseudo deep political story, with the worst VA I have ever witnessed and its boring main characters.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Around the Network

Hmmm... let me think

Story - X-2 wins for me I guess.
Characters - x-2 wins again I guess.... although Balthier was pretty cool.
Presentation - Hmmm... a bit of a tie for me.
Gameplay - X-2 wins. After I got used to the Gambit system in XII the game pretty much played itself. I had to turn off all of Vaan's Gambit's just to try and enjoy myself, and even so I still did bearly anything but walk..... The other 2 people pretty much took care of fighting....

Wow... Actually liked X-2 better. And to think I was only at 49% when I gave it back to my bro...... while I completely finished XII

4 ≈ One

X-2 had the best turn-based combat in the entire FF series. FFX had the worst, I mean WTF could they have made it any slower?

FFX-2 was AWFUL!!!

If I wasn't cringing from their ridiculous cheesy lines, or paines goth-esque pseudo depressed-ism...

I was holding my ears due to terrible tunes and general nausiating plotlines.

Totally ruined the FFX memory. Along with Yuna and Ricku's character. I didn't even like Waka or Lulu in FFX so it just finished off nearly everyone...

They should have made a sequel with Auron in.

I couldn't play X-2 for too long out of fear of contracting "The Gay" (not that there's anything wrong with that, Jerry). I avoided FF XIl. So, I guess I have no opinion whatsoever in this thread. I just like posting stuff.

Around the Network

X-2 sucked and X was the only decent one out of the both of them. XII had cool characters but a shitty story.

well i think that ff12 was one of the best ff for me. i think it have the most mature history in one ff it wasnt all that i love you you love me ¡lets save the world! it was very mature and they keep the fantasy in it and i cant say the same thing about ffx-2 the history was just stupidddd, but i think that ffx-2 had the best battle sistem of ALL ffs.

oliist said:
I fully agree and predict that there will never be a Final Fantasy as bad as XII with its pseudo deep political story, with the worst VA I have ever witnessed and its boring main characters.

You cannot be serious about any of this. XII had the most straight-up political story in the whole franchise, the best voice acting I have ever heard in a game, and the characters were straight out of a good book.

FFXII gameplay redeemed it. The story sucked though. FFX-2 felt more like "just having fun" than anything serious. Not saying that was bad eitherway. I still got 100+ hours of playtime from both games.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Khuutra said:
oliist said:

You cannot be serious about any of this. XII had the most straight-up political story in the whole franchise, the best voice acting I have ever heard in a game, and the characters were straight out of a good book.

Too bad I never finished FFXII.  I would have liked to form a good opinion on the game itself.  I might get to finish FFXII if I ever get the chance.  Khuutra, what do you mean by "the characters were straight out of a good book" and what did you think of the main characters in previous FF games?