By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Play outsold PS3

Smashed said:
No one take this personally, but have you noticed that alot of the Wii game's sell like garbage unless they have the word "Wii" in them?
Just throwing that out there.

No. This is the first time I have ever heard this.  Is it because people associate the Wii brand name with quality.  Is that what you're getting at? 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

@tailgunner

So wii customers are being misled into buying games?

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

amp316 said:
Smashed said:
No one take this personally, but have you noticed that alot of the Wii game's sell like garbage unless they have the word "Wii" in them?

No. This is the first time I have ever heard this.  Is it because people associate the Wii brand name with quality.  Is that what you're getting at? 

Nope, I was just saying.. Most, not all, Wii game's aren't very strong with sales unless they have "Wii" in them, like Wii Fit or something. 

Nintendo fans seem quite happy in this thread...

4 ≈ One

Smashed said:
amp316 said:
Smashed said:

Nope, I was just saying.. Most, not all, Wii game's aren't very strong with sales unless they have "Wii" in them, like Wii Fit or something. 

Only five of the Wii 15 games that have sold over 2 mil. have "Wii" in the title

Around the Network
Smashed said:
amp316 said:
Smashed said:

Yeah. I guess that you're right.  It's like the fact that most of the high def system sellers have a number at the end of their title. 

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Gilgamesh said:

For now

C'mon man. Do you really think that PS3s are going to start outselling it?

I just can't see Wii Play hitting 50 million and the PS3 should definitely sell over 50 million.

congrats to wii play, now all it needs to do is out sell those them HDMI cords.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Gilgamesh said:
amp316 said:
Gilgamesh said:

For now

C'mon man. Do you really think that PS3s are going to start outselling it?

I just can't see Wii Play hitting 50 million and the PS3 should definitely sell over 50 million.

Yes.  The PS3 will sell more than 50 million if it stays on the ten year plan.  Wii Play and the Wii, for that matter, will not be on the shelves anymore.

Don't feel bad Sony Fanboys it will eventually pass the 360 also.