By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Dark Chaos said:
coolestguyever said:
Its bundled with a controller.

GTA: San Andreas nearly outsold Gamecube without a bundle

YEA. I second that. This just shows that people buy controllers.

Plus look at the Wii Fit, it only sells close to the PS3 in sales when its only 1/4 the price($90). Pretty sad imo. This shows that the PS3 is awesome and nothing can stop it:

1. Cheap blu ray players=nope

2. Xbox 360=nope

3. Wii=nope

4.Price=nope

Anyone else head hurt trying to make any sense of this?

Former something....

Around the Network

^^^ Mine does.

DMeisterJ said:
So what is the correlation here?

I just don't see how comparing a software unit to a hardware unit can produce any kind of meaningful discussion.

@_@

It's meaningful, because it puts the whole gaming industry into perspective. People keep trying to deflect the importance of Wii Play Success 1 way or another. 1st, Wii Play is crap, that no one wants. Nevermind, the average # of hours spent playing it. Then, it's success doesn't matter because it's bundled, until it sells so much, that ignoring it looks down right foolish. Now, it can't be compared to HW. People compare HW vs SW all the time, including yourself. Talking about attach rates is a common practice around here. The combined effect of the high attach rate of Wii Play and how much the Wii is outpacing the PS3, makes it possible for Wii Play to outsell it. You know, a system has to outsell another system by a considerable margin, for 1 of it's games to outsell the other system. Mentioning something as monumental as that, is a completely legitimate topic to post. Are we suppose to pretend it didn't happen, because some people can handle it. Anytime, any big achievement happens in gaming, I would expect some one to make a topic about it, regardless of which system it effects. Besides, it's not like you wouldn't be doing the same thing, if the shoe was on the other foot. Let's say, a GT game(or whatever) came out for the PSP and it outsold the 360, are you going to try and tell me you wouldn't be excited? Hell. I see you posting, about any minuet success Sony has, on a regular basis. Why not, just be a man about it and respect what happened? It might help, give you some shred of creditability. I don't go around, pretending GTA:SA sales aren't big. Why don't you try, practicing the same level of maturity?

cool48 said:
So basically, more people own Wii remotes than PS3s...

No more people own an extra Wii remote

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Dgc1808 said:
...... I'm just going to say it because I think alot of people are going to think this anyway.... "Teh PS3 is doomed".......

Around the Network
NintendoMonopoly said:
DMeisterJ said:
So what is the correlation here?

I just don't see how comparing a software unit to a hardware unit can produce any kind of meaningful discussion.

@_@

It's meaningful, because it puts the whole gaming industry into perspective. People keep trying to deflect the importance of Wii Play Success 1 way or another. 1st, Wii Play is crap, that no one wants. Nevermind, the average # of hours spent playing it. Then, it's success doesn't matter because it's bundled, until it sells so much, that ignoring it looks down right foolish. Now, it can't be compared to HW. People compare HW vs SW all the time, including yourself. Talking about attach rates is a common practice around here. The combined effect of the high attach rate of Wii Play and how much the Wii is outpacing the PS3, makes it possible for Wii Play to outsell it. You know, a system has to outsell another system by a considerable margin, for 1 of it's games to outsell the other system. Mentioning something as monumental as that, is a completely legitimate topic to post. Are we suppose to pretend it didn't happen, because some people can handle it. Anytime, any big achievement happens in gaming, I would expect some one to make a topic about it, regardless of which system it effects. Besides, it's not like you wouldn't be doing the same thing, if the shoe was on the other foot. Let's say, a GT game(or whatever) came out for the PSP and it outsold the 360, are you going to try and tell me you wouldn't be excited? Hell. I see you posting, about any minuet success Sony has, on a regular basis. Why not, just be a man about it and respect what happened? It might help, give you some shred of creditability. I don't go around, pretending GTA:SA sales aren't big. Why don't you try, practicing the same level of maturity?

Can you practice using the enter button?

@DMeisterJ: No one is forcing you to read this. It happens that we are on a sales website and things like this get brought up all the time. You sound like a little child, you should be more mature.

DMeisterJ said:

Can you practice using the enter button?

I'm not sure, you're the best person be to talking, about punctation and grammar, but way to ignore what I was saying, anyways. Since, you have reading comprehension issues, here it is again, in a more digestible form.

It's meaningful, because it puts the whole gaming industry into perspective. People keep trying to deflect the importance of Wii Play Success, 1 way or another.

1st, Wii Play is crap, that no one wants. Nevermind, the average # of hours spent playing it. Then, it's success doesn't matter because it's bundled, until it sells so much, that ignoring it looks down right foolish. Now, it can't be compared to HW.

People compare HW vs SW all the time, including yourself. Talking about attach rates is a common practice around here. The combined effect of the high attach rate of Wii Play and how much the Wii is outpacing the PS3, makes it possible for Wii Play to outsell it. You know, a system has to outsell another system by a considerable margin, for 1 of it's games to outsell the other system. Mentioning something as monumental as that, is a completely legitimate topic to post. Are we suppose to pretend it didn't happen, because some people can handle it. Anytime, any big achievement happens in gaming, I would expect some one to make a topic about it, regardless of which system it effects.

Besides, it's not like you wouldn't be doing the same thing, if the shoe was on the other foot. Let's say, a GT game(or whatever) came out for the PSP and it outsold the 360, are you going to try and tell me you wouldn't be excited? Hell. I see you posting, about any minuet success Sony has, on a regular basis. Why not, just be a man about it and respect what happened? It might help, give you some shred of creditability. I don't go around, pretending GTA:SA sales aren't big. Why don't you try, practicing the same level of maturity?

So, we can only congratulate Nintendo on their achievements, as long as Sony isn't mentioned anywhere. Ok. Got it. The 20 mill is nice, but I think that's just the beginning, for Wii Play.

What I love about these threads is the addiction some of you have for the PS3 and Sony. My god, if you are watching for wii play to outsell the ps3, then you are missing hours of gaming on your preferred console.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Wow...I hadn't realized. Crazy sales! Definitely worth the $10 bucks though.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light