kirby007 said:
DMeisterJ said:
kirby007 said:
DMeisterJ said:
kirby007 said:
DMeisterJ said:
But it's bundled.

Amirite?

isn't the ps3 bundled with HDTVs, games and movies?

HDTVs?  I don't think so

Games?  sometimes

Movies?  Sometimes

Relevance?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/deal/hdtv-pack-includes-free-ps3-269739.php

http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/28/sony-offering-free-playstation-3-with-hdtv-purchase/

Ahh... Glad I didn't give a definitive answer, as I wasn't sure.  Also, does ioi track those?

And you missed "Relevance?"

well maybe that referring to bundles is unfair? because they both are

Different though.

Bundling an accessory, and a game bundled with the system are two different things.  So are price. The revenue Wii play has bought in 900 million dollars (ZOMG), and the revenue the PS3 has brought in is 7.2 billion. (at ~400 price, actually much more considering a few million were sold for 5 and 6 hundred). 

That puts things into major perspective.

fine, we shouldn't compare them at all!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
DanielD said:
leo-j said:
Wow this is horrible, absolutely horrible, what has humanity become

Wow this is horrible, absolutely horrible, what has PS3 become.

Fixed.

W.e whats done is done, the ps3 is an amazing console the best I have, I hate how its being rejected, btw.. not like its my problem

First, why is it a big deal with hummanity likes Wii Play and not the PS3. Wii Play is more along with their values and what they want in videogames. The <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->failleof the HD bros was they forgot they are game systems. Consumers buy it for that purpose. Microsoft and Sony lost sight of that.

But, two things

1. It is being rejected becuase the consumer rejects it. In the consumers eyes it is an <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->inferior console as apposed to many gamer's beleifs.
  2. It does matter to you. As time goes on, the number of games on it will be fewer. Esspecially as the Wii is finally being reconized by third parties.

My comment probably wasn't needed and was a bit harsh, but these are some things to realize.

DMeisterJ said:

Different though.

Bundling an accessory, and a game bundled with the system are two different things.  So are price. The revenue Wii play has bought in 900 million dollars (ZOMG), and the revenue the PS3 has brought in is 7.2 billion. (at ~400 price, actually much more considering a few million were sold for 5 and 6 hundred). 

That puts things into major perspective.

Speaking of relevance, what's the relevance of revenue? Billions in R&D+Billions in advertising, to lose billions more on hw. The PS3's hw losses are enough to wipe out any profit being made by 2 other pieces of hw and sw on 3 systems. Yet Wii Play cost next to nothing to make and will probably make a 1/4 billion, if not more, in profit. Seeing how Wii Play is just 1 game, on a system that came out of nowhere and made a name for itself this gen, while the PS3 has both the PS and Sony brand names slapped on it, I consider that pretty impressive. Tell me again, which new IP exclusively for the PS3 is going to make 1/4 billion $ profit and outsell the PS3.

ZOMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xD awesome

So what is the correlation here?

I just don't see how comparing a software unit to a hardware unit can produce any kind of meaningful discussion.

@_@

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

I just don't see how comparing a software unit to a hardware unit can produce any kind of meaningful discussion.

@_@

It's very rare for a game to pass up a piece of hardware in a generation.

It only happened with the Dreamcast last generation.

I just threw up a little in my mouth. It could be from this sad fact, or the fact that im drunk on egg nog and just open mouth kissed my cousin.

Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:

@_@

Well, mostly because games don't tend to sell past the 10 million unit mark anymore, or ever much for that matter.

I mean, it selling over 10 million, and closing on 20 is what should really be celebrated, not a 50 dollar item outselling a 400 dollar item, but thanks.

It is an amazing feat don't get me wrong though i just despise it.

DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:

@_@

Well, mostly because games don't tend to sell past the 10 million unit mark anymore, or ever much for that matter.

I mean, it selling over 10 million, and closing on 20 is what should really be celebrated, not a 50 dollar item outselling a 400 dollar item, but thanks.

Wow, your cranky... and you missed the point despite me directly stating the point.

It's a rare circumstance, even rarer then a game selling 10 million, and furthermore it has a decent shot of keeping this up and beating PS3 at the end of the gen.  Since it isn't really slowing down much.

Wii play's sales are creeepily linear...

I mean look at it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?game1=Wii%20Play%20-%20Wii

It's crazy.