By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - White Knight Chronicles first day sales?

umm...35k first day
My guess: 80k first day, 150k lifetime in Japan
70-90k first Day
65k ish

Don't mind me just getting ready.

Around the Network
Splenda14 said:

what do you think that its going to sell its first day?

well since famitsu gave it a 29 because of its online chatting problem I think it will affect the overrall sell 

I think it will sell 150,000 its first day

so thats why it didn't get a very good review. i still give this game a chance cause i saw some really good trailers and gameplay videos on youtube, even though im not a big RPG fan.

i don't think the online problem should effect its sales, thats why there is home to socialize. and by the time the english version is fixed im pretty sure level 5 will fix that problem by then since its the only thing it was criticised for according to your thread.

The Anarchyz said:
Rei said:
DQVIII has been developed by Armor Project (Yuji Horii team), Level-5 just made the coding, engine. Everything what actually made the game a game - story, characters, designs, world, battle system - was made outside of Level-5 without any kind of their involvment.

So like the Anarchyz, I dont think that people in Japan really care about that.

Exactly, if the Japanese care about something in DQ is that Armor Project keeps doing it, hey, DQ7 is the best DQ seller ever in Japan and it was developed by Heartbeat, DQ8 made Level-5 quality reputation, not sales reputation... Now, if DQ8 sales brought Level-5 some sales rep then i'm cool with it...

That's the thing i don't think they have any sales rep.  Afterall what are they known for... Proffesor Layton.

This is different in basically every conceivable way.

FPSrules said:
Splenda14 said:

well since famitsu gave it a 29 because of its online chatting problem I think it will affect the overrall sell 

so thats why it didn't get a very good review. i still give this game a chance cause i saw some really good trailers and gameplay videos on youtube, even though im not a big RPG fan.

i don't think the online problem should effect its sales, thats why there is home to socialize. and by the time the english version is fixed im pretty sure level 5 will fix that problem by then since its the only thing it was criticised for according to your thread.

Online chatting isn't going to lower your review scores by 11 points....

220k First week....I am not good at first day predictions.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
FPSrules said:
Splenda14 said:

It probably does if online was a touted feature in the game

This is tough. Japanese consumers are so unpredictable. Ill go with 50K.

Riachu said:
Kasz216 said:
FPSrules said:
Splenda14 said:

It probably does if online was a touted feature in the game

11 points?  Really?  Because it's hard to talk.

11 points is nearly a third of the total review score.

So if GTA 4 talked about great chatting being a big feature instead of a 10 it'd be given a 7?

Even if the Single player ruled?

Please.

cant wait for tomorrow...

80 - 100k first Day