By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - White Knight Chronicles first day sales?

BenVTrigger said:

120k first day sales
1st week sales 200k (japan)

i don't really know what to think to be honest. I think it'll either be a HUGE launch in japan and my numbers are really low or it could be smaller due to bad publicity we'll see soon i guess

bad publiciy?! I take it you hvae never seen japan home beta, this game has its own theatre. plus ads are everywhere. More people were inside this theatre than any other movie in the multiplex. Plus japanese playstation store has videos galore. Many people are excited about this game due to good publicity

Around the Network
jerseyboy609 said:
BenVTrigger said:

120k first day sales

i don't really know what to think to be honest. I think it'll either be a HUGE launch in japan and my numbers are really low or it could be smaller due to bad publicity we'll see soon i guess

bad publiciy?! I take it you hvae never seen japan home beta, this game has its own theatre. plus ads are everywhere. More people were inside this theatre than any other movie in the multiplex. Plus japanese playstation store has videos galore. Many people are excited about this game due to good publicity

no your quite right i have better things to do than search the internet for japans home beta to see what their watching. As i stated that was simply my guess at sales and from personal experience Sony does a terrible job with publicity so i was assuming they were following suit.  My mistake

300k 1st week, 150-200k 1st day...

I had 150k first day, 200k first week I think, but after hearing about the famitsu review, I am going to change it. The problem with the review is that anything under a 30 is considered shovelware or crap in japan. It does not matter if the review sounds ok.

My guess: 80k first day, 150k lifetime in Japan

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

140k first day, 200k first week to play it on the safe side :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

I'm going to guess 220K, just because I want to be different.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

BenVTrigger said:
jerseyboy609 said:
BenVTrigger said:

120k first day sales

no your quite right i have better things to do than search the internet for japans home beta to see what their watching. As i stated that was simply my guess at sales and from personal experience Sony does a terrible job with publicity so i was assuming they were following suit.  My mistake

search the internet?! IM IN JAPAN HOME BETA. Even if I did search another gaming site, vgchartz.com is a much better thing to do with my/your time right?! lol

the review on famitsu gave it a 29/40, was im gunna say 80k-110k.

95,000 first day
308,000 life time

1,040,000 life time world wide

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Before the review: first day 200,000
After the review: first day 130,000

Reviews affect sales weither we like it or not

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)