By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - White Knight Chronicles first day sales?

100k first days is official

Around the Network

I dont think that the review will affect its 1st day/week sales. Those who are that excited for it to buy it on release day are not going to stop themselves because of one review. If anything, the review will only affect its legs.

Dallinor said:
130k first week 300k Lifetime (in Japan).

That's much better legs then previous WKC games.

Rogue Galaxy sold 230,000K first week and only managed 360,000 lifetime.

I'd say more... 200K first week, 300K lifetime.

Which means what... 120 first day?

It all depends, to the general public in Japan know the score WKC got? It is them who buy the bulk of games, not people who go on gaming sites or read gaming magazines.

150k first week

Around 100-150k first day, 150-200k first week, 500-700k(thnx to online) LTD.
I just don`t think it will be very BIG. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Dallinor said:

I have more faith on Level-5's legs now, when they developed the Dark Clouds, DQ8 and Rogue Galaxy they had no reputation to the public (a few people care about who develops DQ, the rest just go "Hey, it's a new DQ title"), their big break was the Professor Layton series, they should be able to drag more sales than before, now, since this is not Level-5's IP (unlike Layton), Sony is responsible for doing the major publicity...

Another thing is that this is not a SRPG (like Disgaea 3, Cross Edge or Valkyria Chronicles) or an adventure game with role-playing elements (like Folklore), this is a traditional JRPG, the 1st exclusive one in PS3's lineup, now a lot has been said about the Famitsu review, but i am confident that if the first-buyers like it, word of mouth will be spread, and the legs will be good...Now, if first-buyers don't like it that's a different business...

The Anarchyz said:
Kasz216 said:
Dallinor said:

I have more faith on Level-5's legs now, when they developed the Dark Clouds, DQ8 and Rogue Galaxy they had no reputation to the public (a few people care about who develops DQ, the rest just go "Hey, it's a new DQ title"), their big break was the Professor Layton series, they should be able to drag more sales than before, now, since this is not Level-5's IP (unlike Layton), Sony is responsible for doing the major publicity...

Another thing is that this is not a SRPG (like Disgaea 3, Cross Edge or Valkyria Chronicles) or an adventure game with role-playing elements (like Folklore), this is a traditional JRPG, the 1st exclusive one in PS3's lineup, now a lot has been said about the Famitsu review, but i am confident that if the first-buyers like it, word of mouth will be spread, and the legs will be good...Now, if first-buyers don't like it that's a different business...

But Professor Layton isn't an RPG.  It's like a puzzle game.

What would you think if Bioware suddenly came out with an arcade fighter?

Also... few people care about who develops DQ.

Really?

The second biggest RPG franchise in Japan and people don't care?

No.... I think people care... and pay lots of attention.  I mean hell kids have gotten in fights over which DQ was the best... and you don't think they know who the developers are?

I mean there are probably tons of people in japan who snap up every detail from the very first announcment.

Sure in the US maybe nobody cared...

but DQ8 is what gave Level 5 it's name in Japan.

5K LTD WorldWide

DQVIII has been developed by Armor Project (Yuji Horii team), Level-5 just made the coding, engine. Everything what actually made the game a game - story, characters, designs, world, battle system - was made outside of Level-5 without any kind of their involvment.

So like the Anarchyz, I dont think that people in Japan really care about that.

140k becouse he have the online