By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Says There Are No Plans for Further PlayStation

ha no PS4, yea right. and the microsoft comment funny too "longest generation"

nope don't see that either, or at least not by much. If the Nintendo console was just standard hd like the others then yes i could see that.

But when nintendo puts out its next system in whenever years the others have to act. Even if the Wii2 is only the same graphics as the PS3 and 360 the motion (however great by then) added with those graphics will make it not even a competition if the others don't release something.

So unless you guys think that the Wii is gonna sell awesome for another 10 years then I don't see any reason why Wii2 would not come out in few years and the others have to follow.

Around the Network

I do not see why Sony should release new Playstation here. Better graphics? Common, Wii (and XBox original) proves, that pushing graphics forward not reflecting in better sales any more. So Sony focused on Games, Services and Controllers (Wii like controllers) for PS3 right now instead of some Playstation 4 thing.

There are two reasons to create new console now days for Sony
1) If most of the people on the planet Earth will have FullHD TVs, then they will demand FullHD games instead of 720p games, so it will require better hardware. Still there are plenty of FullHD games for PS3 (WipeoutHD, GT5P, GoW3, WKC).
2) If Digital Distribution will become such important as Microsoft want it to be, then it will be wise to create Playstation without optical drive. Still Sony may easy create PS3 version without BD.

So enjoy your Playstation 3 guys. It is good hardware and it will doing good job entertaining you for a long time to come.

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com