By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Says There Are No Plans for Further PlayStation

Where is the link to this article? What website did it come from?

Around the Network
seece said:
lol You're just showing yourselves up to be fanboys saying you would give up gaming...

Not really.  People are hardcore towards a subject for certain reasons.  When those reasons are little to no avail, you can't be hardcore about something that's changed so much.  Between Nintendo and Microsoft, Nintendo would be the hardcore choice because Miyamato have always been consistant and catered to his fanbase.  And now the Wii has proven that developers cannot ignore it because of its rapidly growing userbase.  Always have "faith" in Nintendo.  The developers have made the mistake in ignoring it and so has the "hardcore" gamer (yes, hardcore is in quotes). And from an industry point of view, many Xbox fanboys have quote "competition is good" not knowing that Microsoft is the worst of all evils in their consistant pro-monopoly/anti-competitve business stance as proven my numerous of court cases over the past ten plus years.  All public business have to appease the stockholders first, but you let Microsoft take over the console market, they will screw you, the developers, and potential competitors like they have in the PC industry.  Hey, they tried to buy Nintendo and get them to stop making hardware.  Is that competition?  Nope.  As a hardcore gamer, I support the industry, not the dominance of a pro-monopoly/anti-competitve business.  Thank you SONY for initially pushing gaming into the mainstream, and thank you Nintendo for staying true to what gaming is all about.  I love the 360, but too bad it's not backed by another company who believes in competition.  Thank goodness for the sake of gaming that I see both Nintendo and SONY saying in this to give Micrsoft the competition they need.  I just hope the general public will learn and exercise this as well.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

seece said:
axumblade said:
chaospluto said:
seece said:
Neoraf said:

I think it's a good news (even if I doubt it's true).

Sony out of the hardware gaming market = Good for everyone.

One hardware for Hardcore.
One hardware for Casuals.

Microsoft and Nintendo.

Best deal.

The new SCE:
Game publisher.
Game developer.
The Sega way.

LOL you're a very brave man!

He is brave.  Slowly working his way up to be the top Sony hater on VGChartz, woot!

lol

We should find a way to have a "top 10" Sony haters site. I think it would be amusing. Instead of tracking sales, they track insults of the console. :) I'm curious who would win on a weekly basis.

This week...I think Gebx would be number 1. But there are several who are up there in insults as well.

I don't think Gebx insults much at all ... just posts Sony news articals that get all the fanboys irate, he can't help it if most of the news about Sony these days are negative peices.

gebx Google search:

Sony PS3 Latest news

Microsoft XBox 360 Latest news

gebx only just posts the news. Negative news creates more response that is the way the world is, bad news sells. Current Affairs, Newspapers, Magazines, Radio, Internet, etc. Most of the news is bad news it gains people's attention.

The point is, does anyone really think sony would leave the gaming industry?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Sony will make another console once they realize that if they don't try so hard to fail they won't. If the PS4 isn't a multimedia center / trojan for expensive and unnecessary components and is instead an actual gaming system then it will succeed greatly.

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:

It's possible. As I defended before, a big change in strategy is needed to compete with Microsoft. They could decide that this change in strategy is too hard to implement, or that they should sell their gaming division assets if they get cash-strapped during the recession.

I don't think it's likely, but it's possible. It's all about Sony's expectations for the long term.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

colonelstubbs said:

The worse case foreseeable reasonable scenario I see is similar to the "Walkman" brand.  Dominant at one time while currently not but presently offers quality as a viable option.  Getting more involved with the church, I needed a quick and convient way to keep up with events and contacts.  A smart phone would have been too much for my likes.  So I upgraded my Motorola V551 to a SonyEricsson W580i ("W" stands for "Walkman).  The phone was very easy to navigate as an organizer, it had a built-in pedometer for my running, and the music Walkman playback was incredible.  The Walkman name isn't as dominant as before, but it offered high quality as an MP3 player.  But the aesthetics and impression of console gaming stands out and are more impressive that the mp3 player market.  I don't see why SONY won't reatin the PlayStation namebrand, continue to release future consoles and handhelds, and continue to support the console as did Nintendo as worse case foreseeable reasonable scenario.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

According to Radio 538 news, also in Holland, LCD sales have never been that high during this Christmas season comparing to earlier years. Wii is just sellng ridiculously high, god knows why. Even car companies in Holland give free Wii consoles when buying a Citroen or something.... companies just buying off Wii consoles for their own benefit. And the 360... oh well, how low can it go... I mean the price tag of course.

To all the pathetics out here... the show ain't over yet until the fat lady sings, capeeche??

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

NO. They are saying that they have no plans on a NEW console, not that they don't have plans for the PS3. 10 year plan may be true after all.

Pleeeease let it be true...

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Onna, your so badass :P

I think there's been too much gaming news as of recently from Sony to support a dropout. I don't see them leaving a business that's been profitable for them :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.