By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Nintendo sell 4 million Wii's in month???

Could be...

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

Yes they can =/

mM

If 4 million Wii's make it to store shelves in December, then that's how many they will sell. The demand is still that high.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Something to also consider is the fact that Nintendo ground ships their Wiis, which takes a while. However, for the month of December they generally air ship the units that would normally have been shipped via ground in January. Therefore, this month will see an unusually high level of Wiis...while next month will see an unusually low amount (yes...even for the Wii).

they sold 3644279 according to vgchartz at 2.4 million a month production the supply line must have had a couple million in it.

Around the Network

Worldwide is not even a question. Remember they sold 2 million Wii's in November in the States alone. Worldwide November must already be around 4 million. December is usually 2x November, but 8 million is probably beyond what they can ship.

The big question is if they can manage to sell 4 million in the US in December, that would be gigantic. Record is (I think) 2.7 million by PS2.

Oyvoyvoyv said:

It already has...

5 weeks ending 5th January 08 = 4037K

As for this year, Wii will sell 4M in just 3 weeks. Chances are it will sell over 5M in the 3 weeks starting this one (VGC). 6 months for the 4 weeks, and possibly 7M for the 5 weeks.

So yes, by a long, long shot. Heck, it could make 4M in two weeks, which is less than half a month.

ok so my point is how do they sell more then they produce???? 2.4 million wii's produced a month  that would be thier limit suggesting 4 million a month sales is 2.4 america only or worldwide???? or  wh is the production #'s worldwide?

Daddo Splat said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

It already has...

5 weeks ending 5th January 08 = 4037K

As for this year, Wii will sell 4M in just 3 weeks. Chances are it will sell over 5M in the 3 weeks starting this one (VGC). 6 months for the 4 weeks, and possibly 7M for the 5 weeks.

So yes, by a long, long shot. Heck, it could make 4M in two weeks, which is less than half a month.

ok so my point is how do they sell more then they produce???? 2.4 million wii's produced a month  that would be thier limit suggesting 4 million a month sales is 2.4 america only or worldwide???? or  wh is the production #'s worldwide?

Did you read my reply above?

Stockpiling.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

skeezer said:
Are you talking about american sales or Worldwide sales?

worldwide.

Also kotaku suggested they would ramp to 2.4 million production in the summer which is why during aug,sept, oct there were Wii's on store shelve in America.

And probably where the extra numbers come from inventory in the supply chain. Once the inventory is gone then sales should level out at production numbers. if the economy allows that.