By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1UP: InFamous interview + new screens

A summary of the X-Play footage shown thus far (stolen from Gaf):

-New area shown. Much less run down than the original demo/shown media areas.
-Melee combat is much better now. Punches, kicks and combos shown (which I complained about and mentioned should be added in the first place. Take that, "but but you don't need it crew".)
-Supervillain boss fight and setup shown: He poisoned the city's water supply and it makes everyone sick. You get sprayed with the toxin while trying to help and start to hallucinate. You go in and out of consciousness while the boss taunts you and tries to turn you evil.
-NPC character sidekick introduced. She's a friend from before the blast and runs around healing everyone in the city. She also healed you after you got knocked out by the posion, setting up the boss encounter.

Around the Network
Leandrovisk said:
poor

care to elaborate? because this could be considered spam and/or trolling since it contributes nothing to conversation since we have no clue what your talking about

Max King of the Wild said:
Leandrovisk said:
poor

care to elaborate? because this could be considered spam and/or trolling since it contributes nothing to conversation since we have no clue what your talking about

Ya know, I didn't even notice that post.

The lightning effects look pretty bad from those screenshots, but everything else look polished and great. As long as it's bug free, this will be a 90+ title, but since we have no beta or impressions to go by, I'll take it with a grain of salt. Oh, and as long as they don't mess up the control scheme completely (ala Lair)

They need to do those two things, et voila, it's not Lair or Haze. Which makes it good.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I can't wait...... I CAN"T WAIT!!!

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

More tidbits from X-Play:

-Health regen over time ala pretty much every current-gen game.
-Electricity tied into melee attacks/combos.
-Cops will ask for help in the city. The given example was to help recover a Police Station from baddies. If you do, the station's reopened. If you don't, that section of the city no longer has any police presence.
-NPC negative reactions to you included posting anti-Cole propaganda posters and smack talk.
-Behavior/choices affects future in the game (we knew this).
-New powers unlocked every 4-5 missions. Plus upgrades of each via story arc completions.
-Powers used to solve puzzles etc.
-Transportation "power" unlocked during the game. (Hi5).
-LOTS of supervillains, you're the only (possible)hero.

It looks very nice!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Preview footage:

Interview with Nate Fox:

makingmusic476 said:
Preview footage:

OMG that preview footage was amazing.

This is looking good, will keep an eye on it....