By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Free Radical Design closing doors according to GamesIndustry.biz and others

Haze shouldn't have sucked so much.

Why did you put out this bull?

Around the Network

Terrible news, if true. I was really looking forward to play TimeSplitters 4 on my Wii.

TIME SPLLITERS 4 OMFG ... TIME SPLITTERS 4 !!!.

I was having a bad day as it is but this is a punch in the nuts whilst I lay on the floor in a puddle of my own urine :(.

Aw man.... I was so looking forward to TimeSplitters 4 on Wii. That would have been epic. This is very disappointing if true and yet another sign of what's drastically wrong with the industry as it is today (outside of Nintendo).

bad news. i wanted SW BF 3

Around the Network

Sucks to see FRD close down but if anything you would think Ninty would try to at least buy the IP and try to get some of the staff working on it since its been in development for at least a year. Granted it does not business sense for Ninty to buy the entire studio but it would be interesting to see how much it would run them to either buy the IP or get some sort of exclusivity deal if the holders of the IP reform into another company and attempt to continue development.

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

erikers said:
Great idea to leave Rare geniuses.

because rare has been so full of win lately right?

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Why does anyone think that Nintendo will buy it, they have absolutely no reason to

Munkeh111 said:
Why does anyone think that Nintendo will buy it, they have absolutely no reason to

Just unrequited, never-gonna-happen dreams.

I feel this all happened because of Haze.

They put a mediocre at best, high budget, FPS shooter game on the smallest user base, that is the less Friendly HD Fps users.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut