By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 eventually pass 360?

rager1969 said:

My predictions:

1) The Wii will start losing it's appeal sometime in 2008 and you will be able to find them anywhere. The price will drop to a still too high $199. By early 2010, the gimmicky Wii-mote will not be enough to offset the slightly upgraded Gamecube graphics and Nintendo will have to drop to $99, at which point they will annouce either a replacement console with decent graphics or that they will be a handheld-only hardware company.D

Did you put any thought or research into that at all or are you just going by the fanboys handbook?

I always find it absolutely hilarious that people assume the Wii will lose appeal? Ever notice that the only people that make this assumption are those it never appealed to in the first place?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
AllAll said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

Im not going to argue with a fanboy who wont even listen to opinons cause his almighty console is number 1

Stop dissing MS i dont go around dissing sony for their danm faults i think both have their pros and cons.

Your should be the last one to accuse anyone of being a fanboy, you can't even accpet the well known proven weakness's of the 360 or the failures of MS!  

yes i accept them but im sick of hearing them, should i go around saying the negativity of sony, NO

I could go onto the many problems with sony but i leave it alone whats the point of trying to broadcast faults of companys.

ps3 having strongest lineup? wii looks great but lets be honost even most gaming sites all agree that 360 has the best lineup so whos now the fanboy?

BTW you should try to look at yourself before you tell me i should be the last one, keep going around broadcasting microsofts faults so you can feel better.

That and you need to learn to READ i said microsoft had faults thats what cons means, but being a fanboy and all you jumped on the bandwagon and began to tell me about MS faults, learn to read and look in the mirror before you respond.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
ceres said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
ceres said:
Too Human will probably end up on PS5.
It'll by then have cost $500million to develop and will cost $150 to purchase. ;)

Wishful thinking. It'll be PS9 like the commercial.

Actually... I'm revising my statement. It'll be the launch game on the first Apple videogame console in 2025.

That or the new NGage that was announced months ago just so it can say it's been on a system for almost every company (that at least still makes gaming hardware of some sort).

http://www.theapplecollection.com/design/macproto/Pippin.html

Second console.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Are people honestly ignorant enough to think MS rep for bug filled software and hardware the Red Ring of Death has not had a negative affect on 360 sales ? You think Ms ditching the Xbox for whatever reason did not piss of some of its users enough that they jumped ship to one of the other console makers ?

This is a sales discussion, all of this affects sales so it has its place here.

Bit late to chime in. But I'm going to attempt a prediction!...

*gasps from the stunned audience*

End of 2009, PS3 will lead in Europe as well as Japan. However 360 will remain above in America.

Thinking overall it'll be a no score draw with the graphics intensive consoles.

*sits back on the fence*

Around the Network
Hus said:
Are people honestly ignorant enough to think MS rep for bug filled software and hardware the Red Ring of Death has not had a negative affect on 360 sales ? You think Ms ditching the Xbox for whatever reason did not piss of some of its users enough that they jumped ship to one of the other console makers ?

This is a sales discussion, all of this affects sales so it has its place here.

Some of them? Sure. So far, it looks like they have picked up more than they have lost, so the effect has not really been noticable.

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod

1) The Wii will start losing it's appeal sometime in 2008 and you will be able to find them anywhere. The price will drop to a still too high $199. By early 2010, the gimmicky Wii-mote will not be enough to offset the slightly upgraded Gamecube graphics and Nintendo will have to drop to $99, at which point they will annouce either a replacement console with decent graphics or that they will be a handheld-only hardware company.

Im sorry but I have to say that this is possibly the funniest post ever to be seen on VGC. Most people who support a console, even those who do it in somewhat extreme ways such as Gball and Hus, keep some sense of reality.
Even considering the possibility of Nintendo bowing out of the console market this generation is just fantasy, considering the possibility of Nintendo not winning, believable. Considering the possibility of them giving up when they are already turning a massive profit? Not very likely Im afraid.

Do not mock Too Human. It will be released very soon, just after Duke Nukem Forever.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Rath said:
1) The Wii will start losing it's appeal sometime in 2008 and you will be able to find them anywhere. The price will drop to a still too high $199. By early 2010, the gimmicky Wii-mote will not be enough to offset the slightly upgraded Gamecube graphics and Nintendo will have to drop to $99, at which point they will annouce either a replacement console with decent graphics or that they will be a handheld-only hardware company.

Im sorry but I have to say that this is possibly the funniest post ever to be seen on VGC. Most people who support a console, even those who do it in somewhat extreme ways such as Gball and Hus, keep some sense of reality.
Even considering the possibility of Nintendo bowing out of the console market this generation is just fantasy, considering the possibility of Nintendo not winning, believable. Considering the possibility of them giving up when they are already turning a massive profit? Not very likely Im afraid.

Dude, do not even lose your time with this. If you really feel the need to respon, post a link to the Crow eating thread.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

i think, ps3 will surpass x360, when ps3 gets 399$ price and FFXIII, MGS4, GT5, Killzone2 are released. =)

i think, many people will buy x360 Falcon premiuim with hdmi, with silent dvd, better cooler and without RROD problem for 299$. Well, i actually will do.

Will do that for lost odyssey, blue dragon(maybe), cry on, infinite undiscovery, eternal sonata, pgr4 and etc.
I think, many people will do that. =)

anyway, winner between ps3 anx x360 will be decided, by who sooner will get a price around 199$-249$.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far