By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 eventually pass 360?

Bodhesatva said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
rager1969 said:
dacobra786 said:
feel free to add cause i like to know what i missed :)

Apparently, you missed some English and/or composition classes. But if U R 2 kewl to use proper spelling and grammar, at least use the Enter key once in a while to put some white space into a long post.

That said, I can understand why you may not be aware of what's coming out for the Xbox 360 in 2008 because Microsoft's E3 announcements concentrated on this holiday season. These are some of the games I am aware of:

Alan Wake

Fable 2

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Halo Wars

Too Human

I doubt Too Human will be out in 2009.

That's how I feel about FF XIII, too!

FFXIII will definitely come out in 2009, however just in case you're right, FFXIII has been in development for 2 years, what's Too Human's excuse?

Around the Network

Too humans been in development way to long it looks like a good game, but for how long its been under construction it should be one of the greatest games ever but it probably wont be ~-~

(it will still probably be a good game =)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

The reason why the PS3 will catch up to the 360 by the end of 08 is Japan.

The PS3 is going to outsell the 360 in Japan no matter what happens, and this gap will only grow with Japan centric games coming from Sony and 3rd parties (Grant Turismo, FF, WKS, MGS, more JRPGs, more Musou games).

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Bodhesatva said:
Others have already touched on this, but I will reinforce those arguments.

When the PS3 was released last Novemeber, VGChartz shows that the 360 had sold approximately 5.3 million systems worldwide:

http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=39033

At this point in time, the 360 has sold 10.3 million, while the PS3 has sold 4.1 million:

http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=39299

In short, the 360 has actually pulled 800k systems farther ahead over the last 9 months. In addition, the list of games available on the 360 is larger and better received:

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=7252

You can see here that the 360 has 16 "proven" franchises in this list, with the PS3 at 12. In addition, the 360 has 49 exclusives in development overall, while the PS3 has only 39.

Coupling these factors with a lower price point, I don't see what factors people are using to conclude that the PS3 will overtake the 360 any time soon. I'm not saying it's not possible, I just don't see the tangible evidence for it.

In 07 360 lost sales to the PS3, it pulled away only do to the Xmas supply constraints of the PS3

www.gamingtarget.com is pure BS and has been proven already, if you want to argue aginast SP3 success atleast use Legit sources in your argument.

360 games are better received the PS3 ones, what does that mean ?

Too Human will probably end up on PS5.
It'll by then have cost $500million to develop and will cost $150 to purchase. ;)

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
The reason why the PS3 will catch up to the 360 by the end of 08 is Japan.

The PS3 is going to outsell the 360 in Japan no matter what happens, and this gap will only grow with Japan centric games coming from Sony and 3rd parties (Grant Turismo, FF, WKS, MGS, more JRPGs, more Musou games).

i dont think japan alone will boost it enough like i said i see it going over 360 in 2009 if it does its price drop more exclusive games still come out etc

Hmmm but if you say that final fantasy etc will really boost japan then i can see it really affecting sells

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Lost tears of Kain said:

Too humans been in development way to long it looks like a good game, but for how long its been under construction it should be one of the greatest games ever but it probably wont be ~-~

At least 10 years, I had been looking foward to it when it was on PSX and then on GC, the game has changed faced completely it was supposed to be a shooter with cybernetic RPG elements. Now it looks like a hack and slash game. And don't talk about it being the greatest game ever, it won't. You sound like Dennis Dyack when you say that. 

ceres said:
It'll by then have cost $500million to develop and will cost $150 to purchase. ;)

Wishful thinking. It'll be PS9 like the commercial.

FilaBrasileiro said:
ceres said:

Wishful thinking. It'll be PS9 like the commercial.

Actually... I'm revising my statement. It'll be the launch game on the first Apple videogame console in 2025.

That or the new NGage that was announced months ago just so it can say it's been on a system for almost every company (that at least still makes gaming hardware of some sort).

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

FilaBrasileiro said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

At least 10 years, I had been looking foward to it when it was on PSX and then on GC, the game has changed faced completely it was supposed to be a shooter with cybernetic RPG elements. Now it looks like a hack and slash game. And don't talk about it being the greatest game ever, it won't. You sound like Dennis Dyack when you say that. 

sad part is your right ~-~

hey but who knows when they finally release it wether on the new apple video game in 2025 (ha ceres) it might very well be (lmfao at myself =( )