By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What if Sony joined Nintendo?

AOL Time Warner was allowed.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network
Game_boy said:
Microsoft did offer to buy Nintendo at some point - if the shareholders had agreed, it's not impossible Nintendo could have been taken over. Similarly if Sony put up enough money they could buy Nintendo - unfortunately the value of Nintendo's total shares is far higher than Sony's total value.

Which is ironic really. Nintendo only has a gaming division and Sony has gaming/tv/movie/manymanymore... rofl

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

Approve, I support them both so why not?! No idea how it will look like but I guess it will take some time before Reggie and Phil agree with one another LOL

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

If I remember correctly Sony wanted to use the Playstation brand to destroy Nintendo! So a merger would be ironic indeed.

Also if MS should've tryed to buy Sega. That may have worked out better. 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Xeo_842 said:
What if Mario Joined Jak?

You mean Crash Bandicoot. He was Sony's mascot in the PS1 days. Sony never had a mascot after that. Jak's no mascot, his only good game was his first game. They just declined from there.

Around the Network

I don't think Sony and Nintendo would play well together ...

They have opposite strenghts, weaknesses and philosophies which would probably create a relationship which was always at odds with each member undermining the work the other had done.

There is a reason why one is evil...and one is..light...In other words Sony is black and nintendo is white.

mM

Well, my initial response would be "WTF".

I can see Nintendo collaborating project-by-project basis with Sony - but only on Nintendo's terms (AKA not a Playstation1 debacle). And nothing permanent, of course. Nintendo has the greater strengths when it comes to solely gaming, and Sony has the strengths when it comes to technology:

http://crunchgear.com/2007/05/24/sonys-flexible-full-color-oled-display/

"This display will allow for the development of bigger, better, lighter, and “softer” electronics Sony says. In case you were wondering, the screen has a resolution of 120×169 pixels and weighs only 1.5 grams. "

I mean, how COOL would that be integrated into a gaming system somehow?