By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Star Ocean 4 Trailer

stof said:
the little annoyingly animeish girl is supposed to be 18? Whenever anime draws up an 11 year old and tells you she's 18, you should be worried. And a cat girl? damn I just don't get this shit.

Anyways, I don't actually know a damn thing about this series, so I'll take my Anime non understanding butt out of this thread.

Which girl do you mean? The short one is not an adult. The other one is and looks like one . Catfolks exist since SO1, they are called Fellpool. If you´ve played a SO before or did some research you would know. Smart choice to leave the thread.

Around the Network

Looking good, indeed. Bacchus rules it. He stands in nice contrast to the doll-like design of the other characters (although I think they look nice, too, actually).

Lymle is a bit unnerving to me, though... as was the part where the guy shoved cat-girl's face into his crotch.

Simply stupendous. Certainly rivals the production values of Lost Odyssey!

kowenicki said:
Looks very very polished.... but I do hate this art direction that makes females have the body of an adult and the face of a child... its not right.

Look what you've done. Guess who just joined VGChartz just to post in this thread....

Just plain great looking! So using Cat girl!

Former something....

Around the Network

grabbed off that youtube trailer

I liked the Infinite Undiscovery. But I just played for an hour. I will spend time with it later. When I liked Infinite Undiscovery I might love this one.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

yeah i don't know what it is it just doesn't interest me. Maybe i'll check it out

Soriku said:
If any 360 owner wants to brag, you should use THIS. This'll probably be the best RPG on the 360. It just looks so awesome.

Vesperia? By the looks of it SO won't be far behind it. I'm bais to both series, anyway.

OT: Anyway, after watching it a few times, I figured out whats wrong with the characters. Its not the character models or even their faces, but in the way their faces move. Its just....unnatural. All they really would have needed to do was fix the movement of their faces and it would all be better. Still, I could get used to it after a while and besides that this game looks fantastic. Expect me to be throwing SO4 threads out like dodgeballs come the end of Febuary :)

Was it just the Youtube version, or does this game have an very slow framerate? I think it was just the vid...

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Soriku said:
I think SO4 looks better than Vesperia.

Btw, besides Edge, Reimi, the red hair dude, and the green haired dude (too lazy to check for their names) the character designs are terrible lol. Oh, and their movements are awkward too like you said shadow. But the rest is awesome.

yeah SO4 does LOOK better then Vesperia...

I did a FFXIII vs. SO4 comparison thread a few days ago and SO4 won pretty much every vote. So its **** good looking. I don't know if it'll be made out of what is essentially the essence of fun put into video game form like Vesperia was though, but heres to hoping, because SO has been my second favorite JRPG series for a looong time, followed by Kingdom Hearts then Breath of Fire.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.