By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many languages do you speak?

I speak English, Spanish and Japanese fluently, though my proficiency in Japanese is not nearly as good as my English or Spanish. Japanese is a really difficult language but Ive been in Japan a long time so its not so much of a problem now.

Im also trying to learn Portuguese now. There are a lot of Brazilian kids at the elementary school I work at. They came with their parents to Japan but cant speak English or Japanese. I can kind of half ass conversations with them using Spanish, but I find saying most things in Portuguese is not so difficult. Its a lot like Spanish. The only trouble I have is with the many Portuguese conjunctions and the odd pronunciation.

Around the Network

French and English

I'm Canadian.
French and English.
--------------------
Je suis Canadien.
Français et Anglais.

My Gaming Setup

I speak English, Spanish (somewhat), and Japanese.

Oh, and I speak l33t of course.

Around the Network
The Anarchyz said:
UTremble said:
Yeah you're cheating branko ^^One of my friend is serbian and she told me that serbian = croatian = bosnian (and it's possible to understand russian)

It's like speaking English in different regions of the US, or the UK (Scottish and English talk very different)

Hehe that's true although unlike those countries which share English which is one language, Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian are all recognised as three seperate languages worldwide mwahaahaha

But yeah in reality it's more or less one language with different accents. And Serbs mostly use cyryllic text although they learn the latin alphabet as well while Bosnians and Croats use the latin alphabet exclusively in most cases.

Greek, English, German, school-level French and otaku-level japanese.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

sc94597 said:

Fluently: English

I've been learning japanese for the last 3-4 months. I could have a basic conversation, and know about 200 kanji, all hiragana, and katakana. I'm also learning french in school, but don't expect to ever be fluent in it.

You've been learning Japanese for 3-4 months and already know 200 kanji? I'm very impressed. And I was proud of my 100 kanji in 6 months...

I'm Fluent in English and Chinese and speak decent German.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Tremble said:
@pearLy: bah it depends. I live in belgium, the french part of it, and if you don't speak dutch, you'll be considered like a old fat dirrty stupid boy by the flamish!

Of course you may be right, but I didn't actually talk about discrimation concerning languages.