By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@darkknightkryta, i know what u mean. i think the only way will get any more turn based rpg's from square-enix is when they eventually remake ff7,8,9 , like they are with ff10/x-2.
they just dont know how to make a great rpg anymore, if they truly went in the vein of lost odyssey for there next ff game. i truly believe in my heart then the sales of that game , could challenge ff7 in terms of sales that they have been craving for so long anymore.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Yeah. I think Final Fantasy 15 might be a stinker. It's pretty much Square's last hope. I'm not even feeling Kingdom Hearts 3 anymore.

I think the next great JRPG for home consoles will be when Monolith software releases their X game for the Wii U. I was more excited for that game than Final Fantasy 15.

MLight80 said:
I think the next great JRPG for home consoles will be when Monolith software releases their X game for the Wii U. I was more excited for that game than Final Fantasy 15.

I don't think they've released enough of X, but it looks like another Monster Hunter clone.  I'd rather have another game.

darkknightkryta said:
MLight80 said:

I don't think they've released enough of X, but it looks like another Monster Hunter clone.  I'd rather have another game.

Monster Hunter clone? It looks like Xenoblade but without the crappy graphics xD. And by the way, Xenoblade is by no means a Monster Hunter clone!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
MLight80 said:

if its anything like Xenoblade then it is far from a Monster hunter clone

MLight80 said:

Chances are X is going the first big JRPG for the new console generation unless if Final Fantasy 15 comes out before it.

i cant wait for (X), that game will kick major a$$. i would love for nintendo to release a slighty upscaled : xenoblade hd for the wiiu, a few months before (X) to get the hype train in overdrive.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

animegaming said:
darkknightkryta said:
MLight80 said:

All I've seen is a guy driving a mech killing (hunting) giant dinosaurs.  Is there another video they released that shows otherwise?

darkknightkryta said:
animegaming said:
darkknightkryta said:
MLight80 said:

All I've seen is a guy driving a mech killing (hunting) giant dinosaurs.  Is there another video they released that shows otherwise?

There are two trailers and the first one hints at it being a sequel to Xenoblade such as having the same combat and a few other hints and Xenoblade was nothing like Monster Hunter