By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@darkknightkryta, yes they do as well, why u interested in that as well? they have the old pc version and the new one as well.

Ugh lost track of the thread.  Give me a run down friend XD.

I got my Tales of Xilia back from my friend, picked up Kingdom Hearts, and am still trying to finish Time and Eternity.

Around the Network

is anyone gonna upgrade there ff14: online game to the ps4 version next year?
i am gonna get back into the game , when the ps4 version releases

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

My friend stopped playing FF 14.  How's it been?  

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
new topic of the day is : what aspect of a rpg has become the most important for you ?
for me, its still the story

Story is the most important part, but the gameplay can not be average, it must be good or very good for me to consider it.

dharh said:
Just bought Valhalla Knights 3 for the PSV but haven't had time to play it yet though.

I have too.  It's extremely disappointing.

Around the Network

The most important part is the story, i like RPG's but haven't played a great deal of them, FF7 had everything i could think of, great story, characters you cared about, amazing music and a big open world for it's time, nothing has ever matched it for me.

Star ocean was a decent game but didn't quite do it for me, loved Xenoblade but never finished it because my Wii stopped reading discs, but yeah whats an RPG without a good story :)

i hope this 8th gen, can some how manage to give me a few gems to play in the rpg realm. lost odyssey,tales of vesperia are some prime examples for me anyways.
what about anyone else?

I'd like a proper turn based JRPG from Square. I can only hope Sony of Japan starts investing into turn base RPGs for console and leave their "hunter" games for the Vita.

@darkknightkryta, i would love so much for sony, to remake : legend of dragoon for the ps4 and also announce a sequel. i would be so happy, loved the game. i know last year i believe sony did say that a sequel was at one time in development , but was canceled and that no reason was ever given. when i found that out,i was pissed at sony for even saying that. i think i have as much of a chance of getting : legend of dragoon 2 as i do of getting a : lost odyssey 2 :(
in another words, when hell freezes over i think.

Legend of Dragoon was great.  I really miss those types of RPG.  I mean, there's a place for like Trinity Universe, Time and Eternity, etc.  But I need an opera every now and then... with dragons and ... blackjack... and hookers dancers.  But as long as Square Enix employs Toriyama I doubt we'll get it.