By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The 'Why I Love My 360' Thread - no negativity allowed

Infamous said:
myths_n_legends said:
Greatest online ever
Greatest exclusives ever (outside N64)
No hardware issues (launch system never had one problem with it... ps2 fell apart like as soon as i took it out the box)
Best versions of multi plat games
Constant upgrade of interface
Id go on but dont wanna get yanked off stage during my first post

Welcome to VGchartz, btw.

Around the Network

I cant believe how amazing those screenshots of Kingdon Under Fire 2 look. Incredibly detailed textures, shiny metal and stone etc... of course they arent in-game, but ppl say they're made with the actual game-engine.

Too bad the game itself will probabli (be simple and) suck

Slimebeast said:
I cant believe how amazing those screenshots of Kingdon Under Fire 2 look. Incredibly detailed textures, shiny metal and stone etc... of course they arent in-game, but ppl say they're made with the actual game-engine.

Too bad the game itself will probabli (be simple and) suck

News flash. KUF2 is made by the same people that made KUF. And KUF was awesome. Thats like saying Forza 3 will probably suck, knowing how good Forza 2 was.

And those shots are in engine. Did you watch the video as well? Theres no CGI, and some of it is actual gameplay.

selnor said:

@ Piggychan

Is PSU a good console MMO. I have thought about buying it for awhile. do people still play it? is there extra content still supplied for it?

I wouldn't call PSU an MMO... to me its just an action online RPG.. there are about 20 servers and each server can hold about 1k of people.  thats about 5 stars full.

There is about 1000~3000 people that play it daily.  the servers are not linked to pc or ps2.. but our servers are global meaning you might be playing alongside japanese, europeans and fellow americans.

Sega do update quests and stuff but.. well I been playing this since nov 2006 and getting a little tired of it now.  It requires silver XBL a/c since it needs a monthly payment.. and 97% of the people play on the expansion which costs about 1200 MS points.

I'm thinking about cancelling my subscription in jan and just sticking with Final Fantasy XI

piggychan said:
selnor said:

@ Piggychan

Is PSU a good console MMO. I have thought about buying it for awhile. do people still play it? is there extra content still supplied for it?

There is about 1000~3000 people that play it daily.  the servers are not linked to pc or ps2.. but our servers are global meaning you might be playing alongside japanese, europeans and fellow americans.

Sega do update quests and stuff but.. well I been playing this since nov 2006 and getting a little tired of it now.  It requires silver XBL a/c since it needs a monthly payment.. and 97% of the people play on the expansion which costs about 1200 MS points.

I'm thinking about cancelling my subscription in jan and just sticking with Final Fantasy XI

Cool, considering I havent played it, do you think I will enjoy it for a few years? Also how much is subscription?

Around the Network
selnor said:
sega4life said:

Took this from onther thread, but it's a game I can not wait for, and why I love my 360.

Kingdom Under Fire 2

Real Time:

Was this from one of my posts by any chance. :)

ummmm... I don't know what your talking about..... move along... nothing to see...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

I saw negativity down the street. He was mad that you said he wasn't allowed in here

selnor said:

Cool, considering I havent played it, do you think I will enjoy it for a few years? Also how much is subscription?

depends if you like it.  also i think it might be hard for a novice to find ppl to party with.  most are really high levelled although most will probably have low level characters. 

You WILL need a usb keyboard for those rare moments when someone playing doesn't have a mic or is too shy to talk. Sega has no plans to implement the chatpad and most people prefer talking on mic rather than typing tho..

I pay £5.99 monthly .. I think its $10.99 for USA but you will need to re-check this.. also I think you can only use VISA debit/credit cards.. sega will not take MS points. and cancelling your subscription you will have to contact Microsoft..

I just took these pics and right now there is about 2k of people playing/chatting/afking

you can find out more here:

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/index.php

There is also a PSU forum with xbox 360 community to help ya out on questions

First off, I just want to say that this is a great idea for a thread. I agree that people have been focusing way too much on the negative stuff rather than just enjoying games. This happens with ALL three consoles and it needs to be toned down a bit.

Why I love my 360:
To be perfectly honest, I hated the original XBOX. In my younger days I was a bigger fanboy than I am now and loved Nintendo and Sony greatly. The XBOX just came off as the arrogant console, and its over hyped Halo franchise annoyed me to no end.

But then one summer I visited my friends up north, and I played Halo 2 for the first time. Halo multiplayer is awesome to say the least, and people were surprised at how well I played it, despite me never touching an XBOX controller before.

But it was the 360 that really sold me the XBOX. I noticed that unlike the original XBOX it had a more varied game library and featured many games I would like to both own and play (like the "Dead or Alive series" and some of Rare's games). I played a friend's 360 and fell in love with its features, like the ability to download demos directly to your hard drive, its expansive multimedia playback and how easy it is to add news to your XBOX Live account.

The XBOX Live Arcade is perhaps my favorite feature. I love classic gaming, as well as the oddball indie title, and the marketplace provides them by the tons. if I had more money I would be buying a lot of points just to get a lot of my favorites.

I am also liking how its getting many of the PS3's exclusives. I can't afford a PS3 at the moment, so the more games to hit the 360 the better.

My only concern is that the 360 sees nothing but gray FPS, in the same vein that the Wii is only getting party games. Its a very powerful system, developers should be more inventive.

But overall, I went from being a hater to a believer in just a few years.

It has Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey. Which are good.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.