By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How should the ps3 gain sales on the 360?

Obviously a price cut, but when and how much.

I'm thinking $299 timed with the release of killzone 2 could be the start of a significant comeback, $349 could help too.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

Around the Network

A price cut, not a bundled game, not a bigger hard drive, just a damn price cut.

Date: ASAP

cool48 said:

A price cut, not a bundled game, not a bigger hard drive, just a damn price cut.

Date: ASAP

Yep.  Early next year is the most likely time.  Hopefully a $299 barebones SKU (still with a hard drive of course) with a $399 bundle or something.

At this point, it's the price.

Pricecut ASAP. Bundle a game if they can't get it to $300. Bring back BC (if even 25% of the people buying PS2's migrate to the PS3, it would be a major help for Sony).

A price cut atleast $100

mM
Around the Network

A price cut will kill Sony. They are losing massive amounts per purchase as it is, and I don't want the PS3 to die or have only a few games come out. I say stay the course until its profitable to maximise income, then think of cutting the price.

So Sony has to choose; cut the price and have a slightly larger chance of passing the 360 by the end of the gen and risk possibly killing the brand with debt, or maximise profitability and make us more games and such.

I say number 2.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Make a Slim Ps3 in 2009 for U$ 299 this will help a bit. But I'm not sure if this will make it win on Xbox since the xbox can easy make a slim version cheapper.

Ps3= Blu-ray + Cell + WiFi + Bluetooth + Memory cards readers + PsN costs

Price and giving folks a laundry list of reasons to quit buying a 360. At this point, the 360 has gained - exclusive or 3rd party games with exclusive content - good BC (now that gaming without a HD or big memory card on LIVE ain't happening) and drop the arrogance. They will gain sales after the price cut, but the 360 will continue to sell. By the time MS leaves the game, they'll take second place and let Ninny have the win.

Tough times in Sony's camp right now.

I don't know how soon they can cut prices. If they can cut prices in Q1 2009, they probably could have cut prices in Q4 2008. Y'know, in time for Christmas.

I'm guessing they really cant cut prices becuase otherwise they would have and I'm also guessing if they made a bare bones ps3 for 299 they would not lose as much as they are losing now per console. They would have to make a HDD thing for about 50$ and I dont know if that would work.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.