By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How should the ps3 gain sales on the 360?

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
cool48 said:

A price cut, not a bundled game, not a bigger hard drive, just a damn price cut.

Date: ASAP

Yep. Early next year is the most likely time. Hopefully a $299 barebones SKU (still with a hard drive of course) with a $399 bundle or something.

At this point, it's the price.

Barebones as in what?

They cant take out any more or else it would be less than the 360.

Around the Network

Early next year timed with the release of Killzone 2. If they can do it sooner they should though.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

Sony needs to cut the blu-ray player from the 40 or 60 gig an drop the price down to 199 or even 189. Make the 80 gig 349, and then 160 gig 449.

I feel if they cut the blu-ray out that way they wouldn't be losing money on the sales, an Sony would have a cheaper product like Xbox but would still come with a hard drive where xbox doesn't. So if Sony did that, they would have the best deal on the market, an then people who cared would buy the 160 or 80 gig models.

dork8503 said:

Sony needs to cut the blu-ray player from the 40 or 60 gig an drop the price down to 199 or even 189. Make the 80 gig 349, and then 160 gig 449.

I feel if they cut the blu-ray out that way they wouldn't be losing money on the sales, an Sony would have a cheaper product like Xbox but would still come with a hard drive where xbox doesn't. So if Sony did that, they would have the best deal on the market, an then people who cared would buy the 160 or 80 gig models.

dumbass the ps3 wont do shit without bluray because that is the format the game discs are

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

a sku 2 go against the 360 arcade period

if u look at recent sales with ps3 vs 360 u'll see that if there were no arcade sku ps3 would b even or selling more than 360 thats bad for 360 since the 80g and 160g are 100$ more than the Pro 60g and elite 120g and 360 gives a way 2 games with every pro and elite system

so a $299 low end sku from sony ASAP cause they are doing fine against 360 even if it's 100$ more and a $299 sku would be 100$ more that the arcade

Play Me