By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - An Answer to DMeisterJ: Why I Take Sales Figures Personally

I agree people take the success of the wii like its the end of the world. Relax just cause the machine backed by the power of "teh Cell" isnt selling as much as a machine based on 10 year old hardware u dont have to whine and complain because in reality WHY DOES IT MATTER!!! You can still go play your games and sales are (should) not affect your happiness with a system.

As for DMJ's sig i think its fine and no one should get offended over it

Long Live SHIO!

Around the Network

You're being too harsh about HD fans, and the blanket statement is pretty unwarranted. Granted that I don't see gaming they way they do, but I honestly feel that much of your post is closer to the line than it needs to be.

And on the topic of DMeisterJ: don't worry about him. Seriously, not worth it.

@RolStoppable: It's nice to have seen the tidal wave coming in time to cash in on it, huh?

Bitmap Frogs said:
Godot said:
I think DmeisterJ signature is really arrogant.

dmj is attempting to ride the high horse when it turns out there are higher horses out there...

DMJ's high horse ended up being a Shetland Pony, but he thinks it's a Clydesdale

donathos said:
RolStoppable said:
Some of us are shareholders.

But did DMeisterJ really write his signature by himself? Looks copypasted to me.

I'm sure many of us (like me) wish we were shareholders! :)

Not so sure if you wish that in the last 12 months given how much the share market has dropped

Some good buys around now though

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

I agree with your general sentiment, even though my tastes would side more with graphic whores.

However, you come off kind of arrogant. You basically say that the only right way is your way and if someone is a graphic whore they are either stupid or ignorant (don´t know better).

I don´t think you realy think that, so I believe you should word your thoughts a bit better in the future.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

I think people take the internet far too seriously, but that's not exclusive to VGC.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

My thoughts on the VGC Community:

Certain people on this site need help. Mentally. seriously. People who get some sort of sick pleasure out of any console doing bad need help. People that get some pleasure out of making other people feel bad because they can't admit that their console of choice is doing bad are sad. It's like internet bullying. Whenever one console one-ups another, that group of people must go around making any other group of people feel bad for their decision and it's sickening to see it in action. I'm pretty positive that some people get off to this kind of stuff. You can just read the glee and happiness reveling in another consoles failure.

And it applies to all factions. PS3 fanboys, 360 fanboys, and Wii fanboys. It's done by everyone, and I've been trying my damndest to ignore it, but it's getting really old really fast. Lots of people on this site need a reality check, and need to get a life, post-haste. They take this video-game site too serious, and can't take it when their console is doing bad or have to dish out pain when it's doing good instead of giving your two cents and moving on.

DMeisterJ

My Codes
vg$ 7,620.20
(12/12/08, 01:25)

I can't be the only one who finds that funny.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Hmmm I didn't read DmeisterJ initial topic and I'm too lazy to read this one. But I believe in DmJ so I'd say that he's right and you're wrong =p

There is much truth in what you say. I never know whether to laugh, cry, or get angry when I have once again listen to listen to a usually incoherent argument that:

- the Wii's just two Game Cubes taped together

No its not actually, and its overwhelming sales, reliability  and acceptable pricing at introduction would alone have proven that the design and engineering was nearly perfect for the marketplace

- there's no big deal about motion control, Sony/Microsoft (choose 1) could have done it if they wanted too

But they didn’t did they, and then spent so much time and money trying to ridiculing it that they polarized the customers so much that now they can’t really copy it although they obviously want to. Success has many fathers, failure is an orphan. Develop anything revolutionary and all the wannabee’s come crawling out of the woodwork to tell you that they had that idea years ago

-HD, now that’s real innovation, Wii’s last gen.

HD is just an evolutionary upgrade in video standards that makes the picture look sharper. It improves the visual quality of a game but at a cost of more expensive hardware and vastly more expensive game development costs. MS and especially Sony put such a premium on this that they didn’t offer any other significant changes. It’s the same old games with the same old controls so you can be bored but more sharply bored.

- All the AAA/90+ (choose 1) games are on Xbox360/PS3(choose 1)

Because HD game development costs are so high, no one can afford or is willing to take a chance. The games get great rating because they are rehashes of games that have already proven popular with the fanboys, both the playing and review writing variety. Here’s a clue; don’t expect any great creative ideas from a game with a number following it. LBP was an exception which deserved better success. Otherwise it you want something new, you’d better try the other side of the street.

- See I knew this friend whose Aunt’s brother bought a Wii and he just keeps it in the closet
Oh gee, that proves it. Well then there’s this one crazy f**ker out there that buys a gazillion copy of all these games. Find him and shoot him and Nintendo will close their doors in a week.

- it’s all about price, the Wii is cheaper so it sells more [OLD VERSION] I really believe a $250 PS3 can turn this generation around [NEW VERSION]

Wrong [OLD VERSION  Nope, still wrong [New Version

-GTA 4/MGS/Halo3/LBP (Choose 1) will destroy/crush /kill (Choose 1) the Wii

No, they actually didn’t even scratch the paint, but hey keep it up! It gives much needed comic relief and besides, I’m personally curious about just how long people can stay in denial.

-the Wii is just for kiddies and grannies

Strangely enough with all the networks covering black Friday this army of 2 million baby strollers and old ladies with walkers managed to slip in and out unseen.

- the Wii will destroy gaming

No I believe it probably saved console gaming from becoming an irrelevant niche between PC gamers and cell phone players.

So I can appreciate your frustration but perhaps a slightly more diplomatic, less personal approach would have been preferable

What else would you have us argue about DMeisterJ? Politics, religion, economics? Leave us our petty differences.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

@ Donathos.

I personally have a problem with Elitist crap. People who believe their perspective is much greater than the "unwashed masses" have throughout history dismissed the opinions of others who they believe are too incompetent to understand as they do. You are one of those Elitist individuals, you call those who do not share your opinion "Children", "Stupid", "Less developed", "Shallow", "Unsophisticated", "Non Erudite", "Immature" and then you make sweeping generalisations about their tastes, age, sex and education.

Oh and by the way, the Wii doesn't prove the "graphics whores" wrong like you're so desperate to put across to us. It is an indication that the user interface was in desperate need of a revamp. There is no factor causing improving visual fidelity to lead to reduced sales.

Tease.