By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the Wii Reach 50% Before Years End?

Impossible. 49.6% is the max, I myself predict 49.4% at the end of the year.

Around the Network

I think the Wii would sell out before it hits that point.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
PS3 won't reach 20 million, it'll be around 19 million

360 will be around 27 million

So if Wii breaches 46 million then yes its very possible that Wii will have 50%

360 will be closer to 28m, maybe even 29m.

PS3 should still hit 20m by Jan 1st - or be very close.

So the Wii will need to be closer to 48-49m, which is beyond what I think they can do this year. Close - but no cigar...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

needs to outsell ps360 by 2.26million by the end of the year, I doubt it, given it was only able to outsell them by around 200-300k last week

I'd say early to mid feb

It's anti-climactic, anyway.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

Around the Network
woopah said:
what was/is the market share of the PS2?

Largely exceeded 60% of last gen at the end of 2005 and even exceeded 70% at the end of 2006, but is still growing, as PS2 is still selling now, while its competitors have long died.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

supply there is your issue.... nintendo has been slow to ramp up production to meet demand (yes i know they have upped it, but not enough, so its either ineptitude, or a plan to keep it short) after 2 years there is no excuse to be short now.

ill go with no all due to there not being enough wii supply. early january it will happen

I think another thing to look at is will the ps3 stay above 20% market share

I doubt the 360 can hold on to 30%

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

YES I am very happy for nintendo.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

goddog said:
supply there is your issue.... nintendo has been slow to ramp up production to meet demand (yes i know they have upped it, but not enough, so its either ineptitude, or a plan to keep it short) after 2 years there is no excuse to be short now.

ill go with no all due to there not being enough wii supply. early january it will happen

I think another thing to look at is will the ps3 stay above 20% market share

I doubt the 360 can hold on to 30%

They stay just a little behind demand, but they aren't so wrong doing so, being megalomaniac and ramping up production too much, maybe following a period of higher than normal success, could hurt them in the future, allowing themselves to observe demand and being able to tell after due consideration whether each increase is a durable one or a spike they won't disappoint too much customers, only a small part of them will have to wait a little bit longer to grab a Wii, and they don't risk finding themselves with excessive production and costs.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Ummmm no. My bet is in January.