By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CNN Money-The PS3 is a Sinking Ship

CNN is telling it how it is while all the PS3 fanboys cry.

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
NJ5 said:
Khuutra said:
chapset said:
SONYY IS DOOMED, that's it, who want a 60 gb playstation 3 with two controllers and 6 games for 250$ or best offer

I'll top NJ5's offer by fifty bucks if you change your signature.

Oh please remove that image.

You can block it off if you have firefox (just install the adblock extension, and then right click the image, there's an option to block it).

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I already have sigs turned off, but when I went to reply to him it jumped out at me.

I'm still willing to outbid you, though.

we are now at 300$

biding time will end in 48 hours

games are: gta4, heavenly sword, call of duty 3, assassin's creed, graw2 and warhawk

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
Khuutra said:
NJ5 said:
Khuutra said:
chapset said:
SONYY IS DOOMED, that's it, who want a 60 gb playstation 3 with two controllers and 6 games for 250$ or best offer

I'll top NJ5's offer by fifty bucks if you change your signature.

Oh please remove that image.

You can block it off if you have firefox (just install the adblock extension, and then right click the image, there's an option to block it).

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I already have sigs turned off, but when I went to reply to him it jumped out at me.

I'm still willing to outbid you, though.

we are now at 300$

games are: gta4, heavenly sword, call of duty 3, assassin's creed, graw2 and warhawk

Wait, you don't have CoD4?

I retract my bid! Good day, sir!

chapset said:

we are now at 300$

Let me see...

$300 = 224 €... Add 50 more bucks there.

I was hoping for games with slightly more resale value though :P (or else the ones I'm actually interested in :P)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Pretty generic article, I'm especially sad that they chose to link a bluray article from over 6 months ago. You'd think as a journalist they'd at the least bother to find up to date facts and put a bit more thought into their article.

Around the Network

deja vu?
dreamcast anyone?
anyways he is right about one thing...home.
it sucks.

hello how are you.

Game cancellations to arrive soon.

Inevitable.

My Gaming Setup

Maybe M$ paid CNN...yeah...that's it...how else could they have come up with this story, so against Sony and the ps3, which holds the potential to find the cure for cancer or some other super computing action:

http://www.physorg.com/news92674403.html

Don't they KNOW what the ps3 can do?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Just been reading this thread. Some thoughts cross my mind.

Off-topic:

1. A lot of posting with less than fully developed intellectual arguements by members with less than 100 posts. I wonder if people are joining just to defend the PS3.

2. Saying that a Mod should not participate in a discussion is just folly.

3. CNN competes with MS on news! That has already been said, but should be noted again.

4. Making sales comparisons using small datasets is also folly. (This refers to the people who are extrapolating BR-DVD sales from Black Friday).

5. CNN has never had Jack Thompson on air and called him a "video game expert (or authority or something like that)." Fox News did that. More people watch the talk shows on Fox News. But more people watched the election results on CNN.

On-topic:

1. The piece on CNN is opinion. But at least it backs up its opinions, which is more than what many here have done.

2. Sony has made many missteps this generation. Those are coming home to roost. (Taking out B/C really was not a wise thing in my opinion because it meant that people with PS2s would need to keep their old consoles -- making them free to choose their next system.).

3. LBP has not been huge in sales. 141k in US NPD in November, less than half of Wii Music. It may be a great game. It may be a critical success. But it has not moved as much product as many people thought it would.

4. Sony is getting really hurt by the Yen's increased value against the dollar. It did not prepare for it (Nintendo did a better job - at least according to another forum thread).

5. It is interesting that some people are saying Sony should drop out of the console race and concentrate on handhelds and software. It was what people said about Nintendo after the Gamecube. It was wrong then and it wrong now.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

No must have exclusive titles?

CNN are so sad...

It's early 2007 all over again. Media are back to hating the PS3.

How long before they stop this time?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective