By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the best love story in gaming?

Lunar Silver Star Story, the love story between Alex and Luna...

Say hello to playing a game where your first goal is to achieve the main characters dream and later becomes giving up everything he ever hoped for to save her..

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Torillian said:

So Naz and I were talking about random video game stuff, talked about forced love stories in most games and then got into a discussion of what are the best love stories in gaming.  We came up with SotC, and PoP, but I would like to hear what you all think.

Personally my top contendors are 

SotC (so simple yet awesome)

VC (a very cute love story, though still cringe worthy at times)

I'm guessing SotC is Shadow of the Colossus, what is VC?

As for my answer : Snake and Otacon in MGS... can love bloom on the battlefield? Yes!!

My apolgies, I sometimes forget that these abbreviations are not set in stone.  VC is Valkyria Chronicls, and yes you were right about SotC.

Kana and Takamichi from Kana Imouto.

Bowser and Peach.

badgenome said:
Bowser and Peach.

How can a 1 way love story not be the best

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Link and Navi

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

badgenome said:
Bowser and Peach.

Just makes your heart melt doesn't it?

nordlead said:
badgenome said:
Bowser and Peach.

How can a 1 way love story not be the best

I know, right? That's why all my own love stories are one way. (I keep telling myself that, anyway. )

@Smeags: Indeed!

Best in all of gaming? Probably Fei and Elly from Xenogears, once you count in all of the history.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

The Cecil - Rosa - Kain love triangle in FFIV was very interesting too.

Signature goes here!