By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Not trynna start a flamewar, but when will the Wii US sales beat PS3 total.

It already was over 10 thousand the week of july 22nd...
But that is beyond the point, we are not arguing on who is ahead in actual number of consoles sold. We don't know exact numbers. The thread was about when would it pass it on vgchartz numbers.

I know there could be further adjustments (specially with NPD numbers due next week) But the fact of the matter is that the numbers are like that now. It happened for vgcharz numbers and thats what the topic was about.

Around the Network

Nice analysis cebrian, lol... I can imagine many a sony supporter's soul has been crushed by your 'newsflash'.

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

The Wii US sales and the PS3 world sales will probably bounce around each other until the Christmas season, unless MP3 really gives the Wii a significant boost, but I don't think that boost will be too high. I think sales at the end of the year will will give one or the other a definitive lead, though I don't know which one.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

cebrian said:
It already was over 10 thousand the week of july 22nd...
But that is beyond the point, we are not arguing on who is ahead in actual number of consoles sold. We don't know exact numbers. The thread was about when would it pass it on vgchartz numbers.

I know there could be further adjustments (specially with NPD numbers due next week) But the fact of the matter is that the numbers are like that now. It happened for vgcharz numbers and thats what the topic was about.

No i said tens of thousands, not ten thousand. You can argue till you're blue in the face, when vgcharts numbers are constantly being adjusted and are only accurate to within 10-15% until the wii in america has out sold the ps3's worldwide numbers by more than 10-15% you'd have to be a retard to declare the wii has out sold the ps3.

@Jimmay
Whatever, after this post i'm not arguing with you anymore.
I already told you I AM NOT DECLARING THE WII IN AMERICA HAS OUTSOLD THE PS3 WORLD WIDE.

I KNOW THERE IS A MARGIN OF ERROR, BUT THAT IS BEYOND THE POINT. WE ARE NOT DISCUSSING REAL NUMBERS,
this thread serves the purpose of entertainment, it was made for predictions of when the vgchartz numbers (or graphs if you wish) were higher for nintendo in America than they were for PS3 worldwide.

Numbers changed already and they show clearly the trend was reversed I don't even know why you are so upset about the fact that a few weeks ago they were different.

Around the Network

Ishy is getting people mad.

mM
cebrian said:
@Jimmay
I already told you (1).I AM NOT DECLARING THE WII IN AMERICA HAS OUTSOLD THE PS3 WORLD WIDE.

(2). I KNOW THERE IS A MARGIN OF ERROR, BUT THAT IS BEYOND THE POINT. WE ARE NOT DISCUSSING REAL NUMBERS,
(3). this thread serves the purpose of entertainment, it was made for predictions of when the vgchartz numbers (or graphs if you wish) were higher for nintendo in America than they were for PS3 worldwide.

Numbers changed already and they show clearly the trend was reversed I don't even know why you are so upset about the fact that a few weeks ago they were different.

To address your points. 

1.  Yes you did up above on this page.  It consumed you so much  you had to go back when the number fluctuations happened the other day.  And the demeanor you used to post that came off with a bit of arrogance.
  2. If they are not "REAL" numbers, then why would a thread like this even matter?  You do realize that 10% of 4 million is 400k.   So there is always a chance that the numbers could be off by that much or some amount in between.  In fact, it's very likely it is off easily by tens of thousands since the NPD doesn't gather sales data from every retailer, but only those that report ot them or that they can gather information from.
  3. Entertainment maybe to the Nintendo Fanboy.  To fans of video games, and specifically console gaming?  No way.  Last generation when PS2 stomped the dayllights out of the Game Cube and Xbox I didn't go around entertaining myself by talking about how PS2 sold many times over what the other two did combined.  This thread started by Ishy has been nothing but a self serving Nintendo fanboys wet dream thread.   In fact Ishy's last post about how sony supporters are "crushed" by this news is nothing less then flame bait.   I was tempted to react very negatively to it and fall into his trap to get this thread going into a big flame fest, but decided not to this time.  I support both the 360 and Sony, and to a lesser degree Nintendo.  I support the industry and know how important it is to have competitors.  Without them and only one surviving (Which seems to be what Nintendo fanboys want) gaming would hit a dark age and it would hurt the gaming industry greatly.  There would be no motivation other then sales and profits.  Instead of pushing the limits of technology, it would hit a brick wall and the consumers (us) would suffer from the lack of great games and cutting edge technology. 

It's not the numbers you are claiming as a victory getting us upset, it's the whole attitude of the Nintendo faithful that gets very very annoying.   Does it really even matter if for a week or two here or there if Nintendo can surpass the WW numbers of the PS3 in America only?  Maybe if the Wii flames out and sales drop off considerably giving the momentum to Sony and seeing the PS3 make a very impressive comeback and to end up slaughtering the Wii's numbers.   Otherwise it really honestly doesn't matter.  This is just a huge e-peen strokefest by the Nintendo fanboys.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Ishy said:
Nice analysis cebrian, lol... I can imagine many a sony supporter's soul has been crushed by your 'newsflash'.

How about you hold back on the soul crushing explanations for now.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

jjseth said:
cebrian said:
@Jimmay
I already told you (1).I AM NOT DECLARING THE WII IN AMERICA HAS OUTSOLD THE PS3 WORLD WIDE.

(2). I KNOW THERE IS A MARGIN OF ERROR, BUT THAT IS BEYOND THE POINT. WE ARE NOT DISCUSSING REAL NUMBERS,
(3). this thread serves the purpose of entertainment, it was made for predictions of when the vgchartz numbers (or graphs if you wish) were higher for nintendo in America than they were for PS3 worldwide.

To address your points.

1. Yes you did up above on this page. It consumed you so much you had to go back when the number fluctuations happened the other day. And the demeanor you used to post that came off with a bit of arrogance.
  2. If they are not "REAL" numbers, then why would a thread like this even matter? You do realize that 10% of 4 million is 400k. So there is always a chance that the numbers could be off by that much or some amount in between. In fact, it's very likely it is off easily by tens of thousands since the NPD doesn't gather sales data from every retailer, but only those that report ot them or that they can gather information from.
  3. Entertainment maybe to the Nintendo Fanboy. To fans of video games, and specifically console gaming? No way. Last generation when PS2 stomped the dayllights out of the Game Cube and Xbox I didn't go around entertaining myself by talking about how PS2 sold many times over what the other two did combined. This thread started by Ishy has been nothing but a self serving Nintendo fanboys wet dream thread. In fact Ishy's last post about how sony supporters are "crushed" by this news is nothing less then flame bait. I was tempted to react very negatively to it and fall into his trap to get this thread going into a big flame fest, but decided not to this time. I support both the 360 and Sony, and to a lesser degree Nintendo. I support the industry and know how important it is to have competitors. Without them and only one surviving (Which seems to be what Nintendo fanboys want) gaming would hit a dark age and it would hurt the gaming industry greatly. There would be no motivation other then sales and profits. Instead of pushing the limits of technology, it would hit a brick wall and the consumers (us) would suffer from the lack of great games and cutting edge technology.

It's not the numbers you are claiming as a victory getting us upset, it's the whole attitude of the Nintendo faithful that gets very very annoying. Does it really even matter if for a week or two here or there if Nintendo can surpass the WW numbers of the PS3 in America only? Maybe if the Wii flames out and sales drop off considerably giving the momentum to Sony and seeing the PS3 make a very impressive comeback and to end up slaughtering the Wii's numbers. Otherwise it really honestly doesn't matter. This is just a huge e-peen strokefest by the Nintendo fanboys.

Thank you, couldnt have said it better myself.

Jjseth, it is nobodie's wet dreams, relax a bit.

And so you know it could be off 400K EITHER WAY, so it doesn't really benefit you in the least bit.

I don't know if you have real traumas for what is happening, you don`t have to be so agressive towards other people who doesnt mind you. I don't even use the word "fanboy" to refer to other consoles supporters because i think it is used as an insult. To use your argument, when sony stomped the floor with both xbox and gamecube last generation I wasn't bitter and calling people names, I frequented Gaming forums and took reality for what it was, and kept playing my favorite games.

You just are really negative towards reality. And your attitude is that of a really stressed person. Maybe you should stimulate your so-called e-peen in some other way to realx up a little bit.