By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Not trynna start a flamewar, but when will the Wii US sales beat PS3 total.

JJseth, I run a Sony site and can honestly say the average N fan is more civil than the average fan of Sony or MS. During the PS years, Sony fans were brutal to N fans. Then came the PS2 and even Xbox and suddenly it was gang up on Nintendo. DS and PSP hit it up and Sony fans laid the smack talk down like dead weight.

Now that Nintendo has done something that their fans can not only be proud of but can even gloat about, you want to take an instance of a civil Nintendo fan enjoying a moment in the sun as an obvious point of Nintendo's blatantly horrible fanboy base.

Sorry man, but I have to call foul.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
cebrian said:
I'm sorry if it seemes like I was trying to intimidate you. It was just an old "you hide behind the keyboard argument" people keep using on some football forums I visit.

I want peace, after all our argument, I really think we could be friends in real life like you said, because we share love for videogames.

By the way JJseth: I bet I could beat you in arm wrestling :P, I practiced a lot after I saw that sylvester Stallone movie hehe.
how big are you? I'm just 6'2" 260 pounds, I'm kind of short when comparing me to my team mates. (defensive line)

I reread your comment and it wasnt really offensive to my mother, and we mexicans really appreciate puns... so it's ok.
What do you say? peace?

As for Final Fan: People didnt mock you for having a game gear because they were not known by much people :P hehe (actuallly I've ever seen one, but thats probably because in Mexico they were not that popular... I guess) From what I have read about them they were a great machine with great color graphics, but it was ahead of its time, and battery life was its down side...)

No offense taken. ;)  Well, you'd still have to look up slightly to me, I'm 6'4" and 270 and played LE in college.  Well, at least my freshman year before I tore my ACL.  After that I pretty much lost my desire for playing competitively.   Arm wrestling, probably you could, I never really did that a whole bunch. ;)  But if I get you on a basketball court I'll school ya there.  Was always better at Basketball, but was still a bit short to be playing in the post in college.

Believe me, I know that mexicans appreciate them, my best friend is mexican and he loves those from me.  Damn, now I have to make a trip up to his place and then take advantage of the great food his mom makes.

Anyways, no harm, no foul, things are cool in my book.   This last week has just been a horrible week for me and I was a bit more on edge. (Stupid lexus blew a tire and air suspension this week and will cost a fortune to fix)

Viper, I wasn't one of those who would rip on the Nintendo or even Xbox back in the day when Sony was on top.  I guess you could say that I haven't visited many Sony sites other then PSU so I didn't see that part of it.  Most of the time I was too busy playing video games to really pay much attention to it.   And just because some did it in the past to Nintendo, doesn't make it right for Nintendo to now do it to Sony or MS.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

I tore my ACL during my freshman year too (I play defensive tackle for Borregos Salvajes, National Champions in Mexico). I got a surgery and got into rehab, I lost a year because of that, but I recovered 100% and now I am a starter for the team, I even got selected for the national team last year.

I guess we have more in common than we thought haha

Appears so. ACL injuries suck horribly and believe me I know your pain from that. At least you were able to keep your love of the game. My rehab was slow and painful (Just didn't respond the way everyone had hoped after the surgery) and I didn't want to risk further injury on that so ended up "retiring" from the sport but was able to keep my scholarship due to the injury and finished up.

Well, hopefully things go well for you in football and you can find yourself playing in the states professionally someday. I do enjoy very much watching Arena Football here and sometimes it makes me want to get back into the game, but I'm a bit out of shape for it now and has been years since I played competitively.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

You guys are being awfully short sighted. You are talking about Sony, the company who has dominated the market for many years. Even though the PS3 is getting off to a weak start, it still has an overall better game lineup than the Wii. The fact that the price will come down also affects its sales. You have to remember that technology doesn't wait. The Wii is a ps2 generation system trying to fight the next generation in technology. It is doing well now because no one really sees the need to move up to HD. When HD becomes the standard and dvds aren't big enough for epic games, the Wii will be hurting. I give the Wii another 1-2 years of doing well. Then the PS3 will start to outsell it depending on its price at the time. I'm not trying to bash the Wii, but seriously, other than Smash, Mario and Metroid what is there to be excited about? The only hope for Wii is that casuals will still find it a hot item in 2 years and keep buying it. There are a lot more casuals than traditional gamers. This is the only way the Wii will be able to keep up with the PS3 past 3 years.

Around the Network

@ Xiru

there's a whole lot more then just smash, mario and metroid(and even with just those 3 games the wii would sell like hotcakes)... the Wii has loads more coming:

Dragon Blade
SC: Legends
Rygar
NO more Heroes
Z&W
Dewy's Adventure
RE:UC
Mario & Sonic:Olympics
Nights
Batallion wars 2
Mario Kart Wii

to name just a few...

and o yea... WiiFit... which will sell millions....

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

I'm just waiting for the first lawsuit from an injury someone suffers from "Wii-fit" and honestly don't understand the draw it would have. If I want to exercise, I'll go to a gym or go outside and exercise, not stand in front of a TV making goofy gyrations.

And for gamers like me Ishy, none of those games interest me at all. Not even a small bit, and I used to love the old NES and SNES games they had. Everything now is just a new rehash with the same characters over and over again. But like I said, that's me and I'm certain I'm not the only one.

I think you are greatly overestimating wii fit. It will flop.... badly.

Get your Portable ID!

jjseth said:
I'm just waiting for the first lawsuit from an injury someone suffers from "Wii-fit" and honestly don't understand the draw it would have. If I want to exercise, I'll go to a gym or go outside and exercise, not stand in front of a TV making goofy gyrations.

And for gamers like me Ishy, none of those games interest me at all. Not even a small bit, and I used to love the old NES and SNES games they had. Everything now is just a new rehash with the same characters over and over again. But like I said, that's me and I'm certain I'm not the only one.

Bold: The game will cost you about as much as two months of gym membership if you already own a Wii, so it will actually be a cheap alternitive.  I actually have a gym membership, but I plan on get this because you know there will be some fun involved.

I have two predictions for WiiFit:

1. WiiFit in Japan will outsell Wii Sports and Wii Play.  (I figure lifetime attach rate of WiiFit will be 70%+)

2. After WiiFit is released in the US, you will start to see them showing up in gyms and health clubs.

I also added you prediction to my sig for archiving.

jjseth said:

The same can be said to all those sport games... You're certainly not the only one who think like that, but there's more than a small group of people who don't think like that... Thus, it's still too early to say that Wii Fit would flop.

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

leo-j said:
This is what happens when nintendo starts winning(for the first time in there life "for now")nintendo fanboys are worst than xbox fanboys..

WHAT THE FUCK! People are complaining about how Nintendo fans are boasting when Nintendo is ahead... do you even know what the hell we went through as a fanbase for 10 yrs with constant tormenting and dissing and etc.

DAHHH.. i just got really pissed off (calmer now though :P)

And newsflash: There were consoles before PS1