By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Not trynna start a flamewar, but when will the Wii US sales beat PS3 total.

ckmlb said:
Ishy said:
Nice analysis cebrian, lol... I can imagine many a sony supporter's soul has been crushed by your 'newsflash'.

How about you hold back on the soul crushing explanations for now.

QFT :)

Around the Network

@jjseth on WiiFit: You've played football and go to the gym. I think that safely puts you outside of the WiiFit target demographic. This is like people saying someone should play real guitar or live their real life instead of playing Guitar Hero or the Sims: it's not about being an athelete (or a rock star or a socialite), it's about having some fun while getting a little bit of exercise. For a lot of North Americans, 15 minutes a day on WiiFit would be more exercise than normal.

I think we should see WiiFit not as a serious exercise tool or even a video game, it's more like one of those crazy fitness gadgets you see on TV like Soloflex or whatnot. I'm guessing those things do pretty well, otherwise people wouldn't keep making them.

As for this thread, I think it is important for Nintendo fans to try and let go of the past a bit - I don't believe in the old eye for an eye theory of interaction, we don't have to be bitches just because a few rude Sony fans annoyed us years ago.  That said, this is a sales site and silly arbitrary milestones like this are fun to track.

Wii sales in U.S= 4.46 million

PS3 WW= 4.39 million

I am aware that Japan's sales haven't been added on but we know that the PS3 didn't sell 70,000 there this week...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Funny to read the initial replies to this thread with the hindsight that this actually happened.

Now, will Others or Japan Wii sales overcome PS3 worldwide sales too?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Sheesh... what a bunch of dickheads that showed up in this thread the past few days. OHHHHH I DIDN'T LIKE WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT MY PRECIOUS WIIFIT SO I'M GOING TO PUT WHAT YOU WROTE INTO A QUOTE IN MY SIG BECAUSE THAT WILL MAKE ME COOL! /sarcasm.

Can we get a mod to just lock this damn thread?

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network
jjseth said:
Sheesh... what a bunch of dickheads that showed up in this thread the past few days. OHHHHH I DIDN'T LIKE WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT MY PRECIOUS WIIFIT SO I'M GOING TO PUT WHAT YOU WROTE INTO A QUOTE IN MY SIG BECAUSE THAT WILL MAKE ME COOL! /sarcasm.

I wonder if you want this thread locked so that people don't read the following excerpt from one of your posts:

"Also, with the PS3 selling better, it's just not going to happen."

I kid, I kid... Kinda.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

jjseth said:

Nothing to do with you personally, but why should this thread be locked? Isn't the PS3 #1 on amazon thread still floating around somewhere?.. at least this one is currently true

WiiFit flopping i hope so because i dont see how that is going to help the gaming industry in any way, if WiiSports doesnt interest you to buy a Wii then WiiFit wont either and WiiFit isnt free unlike WiiSports(except JPN).Just because i hope WiiFit bombs,flops and gets forgotten doesnt mean it will i think it will sell quite well in JPN but not has great as people think as Japanses homes are small and doing excersise in your living room isnt easy in JPN.It could sell in NA but i dont think it will have anything above a 20% attach rate.In EU/PAL it might sell but again i dont see anything above a 20% attach rate.I am not saying it wont sell millions i just hope to god it doesnt it will probably sell 3-4million i think.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

jjseth said:

I didn't put your prediction in my sig to be "cool".  I did it becasue far to often on this site some people my wild predictions with no basis in reality and then when they are proven wrong claim that they never said it.  Maybe if they relized that their crazy predictions were going to be remembered when they were proven wrong, then they may give some real thought to their predictions before shouting out the first crazy thing that comes into their mind.

And just because you don't like what this thread has to say doesn't mean a mod should lock it.  This thread being locked won't change the fact that it's premis is true.

mitsuhide said:
WiiFit flopping i hope so because i dont see how that is going to help the gaming industry in any way, if WiiSports doesnt interest you to buy a Wii then WiiFit wont either and WiiFit isnt free unlike WiiSports(except JPN).Just because i hope WiiFit bombs,flops and gets forgotten doesnt mean it will i think it will sell quite well in JPN but not has great as people think as Japanses homes are small and doing excersise in your living room isnt easy in JPN.It could sell in NA but i dont think it will have anything above a 20% attach rate.In EU/PAL it might sell but again i dont see anything above a 20% attach rate.I am not saying it wont sell millions i just hope to god it doesnt it will probably sell 3-4million i think.

I agree with you that WiiFit will not be HUGE in NA.  I would be surprised if the attach rate even got close to 20%, I would guess between 10%-15% attach rate for NA.  I would hardly consider that a flop (my point with jjseth). 

But Japan is entirely different.  The have always been on a health crazy (the kids go back to school during summer break just to exercise for crying out load).  And like you said they don't have alot of free room so stair climbers machines and exercise bikes are more then likely out of the question.  But a fun exercise system that is cheap, (not sure what the price will be, but I would guess less the $90) only needs a 5ft by 5ft area to work in, and can be put away in the closet easily when you are done is goning to be a big hit with the Japanese.

I can understand your concern that WiiFit won't help the game industry, but I actually believe it will help the industry.  This system has the posibility of being a gateway system to new gamers.  New gamers mean more money.  More money mean companies can spend more on AAA games. (Kind of like how Ubisoft is using profits from the casual Wii games to help pay for development of AAA titles for the 360/PS3.  I just hope they use some of the profits to make some AAA Wii games)  Not all companies will develope only casual games, so hardcore fans don't need to worry.