By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Not trynna start a flamewar, but when will the Wii US sales beat PS3 total.

Do you think the Wii US only sales will overtake the PS3's totall ww sales anytime soon. I think it will by the early to mid sept/ early oct but then I think PS3 will beat them again. How about you lot. What's your thoughts, the Wii U.S sales and PS3 total sales are only 80,000 different.

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

I am using a conservative estimate by the way.

PLEASE don't flame me, or my avatar will come in the night and murder you all =)

DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

PS3:

I doubt it. There's enough ground to cover and WW PS3 sales are now greater than US Wii sales. There'd have to be a large enough spike from Metroid and the PS3 would have to continue downward. I think Madden 08 could potentially move some consoles this week. And come Sept you've got LAIR & Heavenly Sword.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Soon ... Probably by the end of August

as of the front page the us wii vs the ps3ww difference is 80 thousand units

4,050,000 ps3
3,970,000 wii

rounded of course

EDIT:

checked others.

if the numbers stay static, then NO the wii US alone will NOT pass the ps3 WW numbers... 

if you take ONLY the WII us numbers and WW ps3 numbers, and the sales stay FLAT for the next 2-3 months

ie the numbers do not change) then the US wii will Not pass the ps3 WW figure

ever.

but as we know, the numbers DO change, so i'll say end of september WW ps3 to be surpassed by US wii 

Around the Network

I keep thinking your Gballzack... No ps3 wont be surpassed ever.. its just very unlikely. And alot of nintendo fanboys say august, when will they learn..

mM

i'm not sure myself
it has 2 be soon if it ever does do it, because the ps3 worldwide sales will pull away with all the new software coming out, but remeber wii has a lot of new software 2

and im Ismail, not gballzzack Leo-J( don't make me batter you :P)

PS3:

I think i'm gonna say it won't happen soon, but the thing to keep in mind is that PS3 hardware sales in Japan spiked higher than they probably will for quite a while. The price drop in America is a couple weeks old and the sales will slowly drop. With that said the holiday season is coming soon and then it's going to be almost impossible.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I think it will depend on how many Wii units Nintendo can ship to the US for the holiday season. They both have big titles coming out, or at least ones people have been waiting for, but the Wii's are bigger and they have a bigger backlog of people wanting the system.

not now not ever