By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Not trynna start a flamewar, but when will the Wii US sales beat PS3 total.

Well according to the Source the boost from HSG is gone (droping the PS3 down about 20,000 more units next week). Also, the NA price drop sales boost is slowly disappearing as well. I'd say we can take another 5-10 thousand off in NA this week. The Wii should see boosted NA shipments due to the release of Strikers Charged. I think we are looking at next week:

Wii: 120,000
PS3: 85,000

Conclusion: The end of august.

Around the Network

I'm sorry Ben, but looking at these numbers... The other 2 are doomed. I agree with you, without competiton der'd be no DS or Wii methinks.

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

This is sad for the hardcore gamers.

Doubt it ,PS3 numbers are increasing everywhere .A month has passed since the price drop and the console continues to sell quite well in NA ,the Starter Pack is boosting sales in PAL region and in Japan the boost of HSG will sooner or later dissappear but the ground sales for the console will be lifted from what it was prior to that game release (just as the release of other games raised the sales ground prior to that ) .

Its funny how Wii fans always have a magic way to increase the sales of the machine :boosted shipments .

Ishy said:
I'm sorry Ben, but looking at these numbers... The other 2 are doomed. I agree with you, without competiton der'd be no DS or Wii methinks.
 We have a long way to go down the road. The Wii will win this gen, no question about it. But in the end of the generation i think it will only get 50% of the market. This will be a bigger market (Total sold consoles 240 Millions at least). The Wii will expand it. Also i expect a lot of gamers get a 360 additional to the Wii in america, and a PS3 in Europe.  Just wait til the price of both go down.

Around the Network
jjseth said:
Honestly... Who cares? Does it make your e-peen larger because the Wii may sell more in the US then the PS3 worldwide?

Any topic that states "not a flamewar" or some derivative of that is exactly what it claims to be. Also, with the PS3 selling better, it's just not going to happen.

How dare he talk about sales numbers on the Sales Discussion boards of VGChartz.com that specializes in game sales.

Someone get a mod, quickly. 

Only 240 million?

No way!! It will sell billions everyone will have it! Your grandma, grandfather, your nephew, niece.

Hurray for nintendo!!!!

Nintendo saved the gameindustry in the 80's.
Nintendo killed the gameindustry in the new millenium.

konnichiwa said:
Only 240 million?

No way!! It will sell billions everyone will have it! Your grandma, grandfather, your nephew, niece.

Hurray for nintendo!!!!

Nintendo saved the gameindustry in the 80's.
Nintendo killed the gameindustry in the new millenium.

Your alright? 120 Millions Wii to much for you? Don't die on me :)

Without the exception of my hobby who is dying everything is fine

Well I couldn't see why the Wii wouldn't pass the PS3 total sales...Its price is convient its new and there are some excellent games and last but not least...ITS NINTENDO!!!!!