By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Not trynna start a flamewar, but when will the Wii US sales beat PS3 total.

Shambolic said:
I think it will depend on how many Wii units Nintendo can ship to the US for the holiday season. They both have big titles coming out, or at least ones people have been waiting for, but the Wii's are bigger and they have a bigger backlog of people wanting the system.

The wii has bigger titles than the ps3..mario galaxy, Super smash B, and well I think thats it : ( yep those games are way better than the ps3 games this holiday season /sarcasm

mM
Around the Network

Honestly... Who cares? Does it make your e-peen larger because the Wii may sell more in the US then the PS3 worldwide?

Any topic that states "not a flamewar" or some derivative of that is exactly what it claims to be. Also, with the PS3 selling better, it's just not going to happen.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

It's 3.97 NA Wiis vs. 4.05 WW PS3s...

I don't see how it won't get passed up...especially if larger Wii shipments happen soon.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@ leo-J

they are bigger because they are proven IP's which were hugely selling on the gamecube. The ps3 ip's like HS and Lair are all new and unproven.

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

O yea it is 80,000, thanks leonardo

DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

PS3:

Around the Network

MHhhh I think this is a valid argument and I also think that stating its not a flame war bait could start one... It would have been better off without that clarification.

As for when will that happens... I think it could happen by the end of this year... (if wiis are being stockpilled and wii becomes the IT item this christmas in the US). For all I know Wii could beat the DS this christmas and thats to say something...

if it doesnt happen this holyday season it will surely happen before GTAIV launches worldwide if Wii keeps selling the way its been selling on slow months early next year.

If PS3 manages to have a really good christmas worldwide it might never happen.

@ JJseth

Y are you getting so insecure, I do plan on owning all consoles this gen just as i did with the last. Gosh, it was a simple question.

PS3:

the ps3 will win. at 3 yr from now.
at it will cost 400 dllrs the 80gb

hmm, it could do it, if WW sales drop enough [they will in jp but will that be enough to counteract Eu slow rise, and 80g US]
see by end of october, Wii US is sure to be over 5million, and going on PS3 old figures it would be about 5 mill by mid November, but PS3 is currently doing better weekly than it has since january [ignoring Eu release]

i am doubting it will happen this year... but if PS3 sales fail to pick up next Jan/Feb it could happen then ... but then dont most of ps3s anticipated games come out March/April time.

shsh, seems like the Sony people are not in a good mood...

@topic: just look at benkenobi's post, he's got it right.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)