By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - where are the Japanese RPGs for PS3?

Rei said:
jRPG genre is not really important anymore and Sony happened to be smart enough to understand this.

So true. I can picture the board meetings from a few years ago:

Sony Exec: You fools! People don't want Japanese RPGs anymore! They want second jobs, so they can buy our products!

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
I'm a bit confused about your title, and why you choose to discount FFXIII because it's multi.

if it matters to you that much. WKC will outsell all 3 RPG you listed on xbox.

but again, don't think it really matters.

Sure WKC will outsell maybe 1 if its lucky... have you seen LBP numbers lately? Besides every one forgetting all the other RPGS out for 360, all Jrpgs BTW

Blue Dragon

Lost Odyssey

Tales Of Vasperia

Eternal Sonata

Infinite Undiscovery

Enchanted Arms

The Last Remnant

Operation Darkness

Phantasy Star Universe

Final Fantasy XI - MMO but still RPGish I think :D

"Leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game company’s, who don't know or care about you!"

the jrpg companies are too busy making it still for ps2...the bests ones are still coming out for ps2....well maybe all finished now...and probably just started to move onto ps3 or 360....persona4 is out on ps2...which just recently came and and kicks any of ps3 and 360's jrpg's ass..

@KLucifer

Ask yourself why they're still making jRPGs for PS2? Because there're no clear winner of home console market in Japan, when and if they shift from handhelds to consoles... I don't see any variants, besides Wii.

Nice and toasty in here.

Around the Network

The Wii is shaping up to become the THE DEFINETIVE RPG console of this generation..

Oh shit I shouldn't have said that - guess that's a fact than can piss some people quite off..

RayRay102 said:

What happen?

the weeah ate them !  D: <

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
bbsin said:
You can't really call a console "the definitive JRPG console" if it's lacking a main FF installment.

Agreed. The Wii owners get one Big JRPG and they "Assume" they'll get all the rest. tsk, tsk...

Hey now, no need to get condescending. It is reaosnable to assume that JRPG support will follow Dragon Quest. Not certain, sure, but definitely reasonable.

Sure, but he said "ALL" JRPG support will go to Wii, no it wont thats a fanboyish and biased commet.

It'll get more JRPG's but not all of them to think like that is ignorant.

Claude said no such thing. He said that the body of JRPG support would go to the Wii, and there are many reasons to believe that now.

If  "the definitive JRPG console" doesnt = "All" what does? Because that title belonged to the PS2 last gen.

PS2 didn't have all the JRPGs (most of them though), no Skies of Arcadia and Baten Kaitos for example.  And Wii will be the dominant JRPG console. I agree the word definitive is wrong, since there will be very worthwhile JRPGs on the PS360. Star Ocean and Final Fantasy are major titles. However if you check the list in naz's thread it's pretty clear that from next year on Wii will have most JRPGs, and will only grow as the smaller series like Suikoden will very likely follow Dragon Quest.

jRPG genre is not really important anymore and Sony happened to be smart enough to understand this.

lol, watch Dragon Quest X sell 3 million plus in Japan alone.

WKC will outsell all 3 RPG you listed on xbox.

I hope you mean the original xbox...Cause WKC will not outsell Lost Odyssey.

I'd also like to add that JRPGs have been going down the drain ever since the most previous great one... Xenogears for the PS1.

Those were the days. SNES + PS1 = JRPG heaven

They're on the Wii. Or will be shortly.

Other than that, all your JRPG are belong to DS.

in DEVELOPMENT. =)
Sony is making 5 JRPG games in it`s internal studio.
PS3 FTW!

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far