By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - where are the Japanese RPGs for PS3?

wow so much trolling in here...

@OP.. in case you hadn't found out they are on their way. I suggest reading one of the 1billion other topics on the same subject. Infact one is releasing this month, another released last month... there was even one in september.. ...?

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

Alright im dizzy and far to lazy to deal with this. assume all you want we'll just have to wait and see.

And as far as the overall goes PSP and DS have the most JRPG's.

As far as the consoles goes 360 has the most at current moment.

As for the HD Consoles goes 360 Wins again.

At any rate again we'll just have to wait and see. because theres no way the Wii will become "MainSteamSystem" As you call it to have "most" of the JRPG's i in my opinion  Refuse to belive such blasphemy.

they are on the 360. They have moved on like Sony's customers.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

The reason I am saying this is I love JRPG and I am looking forward to WKC and Final Fantasy 13 and Star Ocean but it is not as big as the PS1 days.

Also, has anyone noticed, most x360 RPG are released within a few months worlwide after its initial Jap repeased or at the same time. I feel that in this generation, Microsoft made an effort to please RPG fans in the western world more so than Nintendo or Sony. I remember waiting for like ages for a New Final Fantasy game to come out in the States back in the old days because of translation and other issues.

Do anyone know when WKC is suppose to come out in the States?

ClaudeLv250 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

If  "the definitive JRPG console" doesnt = "All" what does? Because that title belonged to the PS2 last gen.

There's no such thng as a platform with "All" the RPGs, not even PS2. The PS3 and 360 getting a couple of high and mid profile RPGs here and there doesn't change that the Wii has slowly been soaking up the majority of the Japanese console RPG support, even before Dragon Quest X. DQX just solidified its position as the dominate RPG console.

See, people. These were the type of meltdowns I was looking for the DQX thread. Where have you been hiding?

I don't think you understand what the word "definitive" means. Your statements are contradicting one another.

I also don't think you understand what the word "majority" means.

What exactly did the Wii have in terms of JRPGs that displayed "JRPG dominance", "even before Dragon Quest X"?

Around the Network
RayRay102 said:
The reason I am saying this is I love JRPG and I am looking forward to WKC and Final Fantasy 13 and Star Ocean but it is not as big as the PS1 days.

Also, has anyone noticed, most x360 RPG are released within a few months worlwide after its initial Jap repeased or at the same time. I feel that in this generation, Microsoft made an effort to please RPG fans in the western world more so than Nintendo or Sony. I remember waiting for like ages for a New Final Fantasy game to come out in the States back in the old days because of translation and other issues.

Do anyone know when WKC is suppose to come out in the States?

Its still TBA for USA but it should be somewere early 09.

bbsin said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

If  "the definitive JRPG console" doesnt = "All" what does? Because that title belonged to the PS2 last gen.

There's no such thng as a platform with "All" the RPGs, not even PS2. The PS3 and 360 getting a couple of high and mid profile RPGs here and there doesn't change that the Wii has slowly been soaking up the majority of the Japanese console RPG support, even before Dragon Quest X. DQX just solidified its position as the dominate RPG console.

See, people. These were the type of meltdowns I was looking for the DQX thread. Where have you been hiding?

I don't think you understand what the word "definitive" means. Your statements are contradicting one another.

I also don't think you understand what the word "majority" means.

What exactly did the Wii have in terms of JRPGs that displayed "JRPG dominance", "even before Dragon Quest X"?

Finally someone else see's the flawed logic.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
outlawauron said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Neoraf said:
Things change.

Once upon a time, all the JRPG were on the Nintendo side, the SuperNes.
More recently, Sony had all the JRPG support.

Now they are on a Microsoft console.
The Xbox 360 is the RPG console.

Never take things for granted in this world.
Things change.

Indeed, but only 1 out of all of them is worth playing in my opinion. and many others. no offence but alot of them has been fair to crap.

PS3 may have few compared to the 360 for now but we have better a better quality of them. Valkyria Chronicles And White Knight Chronicles may only be a couple but they both blow games like Blue Dragon And IU Out of the water. you really outta think before you post. :/

Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia are both fantastic! We need to wait for White Knight Chronicles to come out first.

Tales series is "okay" but i was talking about my opinion, LO seems solid though no doubt about it.

And come on Level 5 is behind white knight. not saying it wont be crap but not saying it wont be epic to.

I know the Tales series is ok overall, but there are some that are actually worth playing!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
outlawauron said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Neoraf said:
Things change.

Once upon a time, all the JRPG were on the Nintendo side, the SuperNes.
More recently, Sony had all the JRPG support.

Now they are on a Microsoft console.
The Xbox 360 is the RPG console.

Never take things for granted in this world.
Things change.

Indeed, but only 1 out of all of them is worth playing in my opinion. and many others. no offence but alot of them has been fair to crap.

PS3 may have few compared to the 360 for now but we have better a better quality of them. Valkyria Chronicles And White Knight Chronicles may only be a couple but they both blow games like Blue Dragon And IU Out of the water. you really outta think before you post. :/

Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia are both fantastic! We need to wait for White Knight Chronicles to come out first.

Tales series is "okay" but i was talking about my opinion, LO seems solid though no doubt about it.

And come on Level 5 is behind white knight. not saying it wont be crap but not saying it wont be epic to.

I know the Tales series is ok overall, but there are some that are actually worth playing!

VC is out at the moment and more JRPGs will be released on PS3 in 2009 and beyond.