By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - where are the Japanese RPGs for PS3?

"where are the Japense RPGs for the PS3?"

They are now in his new and comfortable little home... the DS =p

Around the Network

Well, we have Folklore, Disgaea 3, Valkyria Chronicles, Enchanted Arms, Dark Mist (PSN), and I think that's it now.

There is a thread about upcoming JRPGs for all systems. Take a look.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Here is the link:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=44225&page=1

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'd also like to add that JRPGs have been going down the drain ever since the most previous great one... Xenogears for the PS1.

Rei said:
jRPG genre is not really important anymore and Sony happened to be smart enough to understand this.

I only disagree with you in that JRPGs were never that important in the first place.

Except Pokemon, I guess.

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:

There's almost no point in putting any RPGs on the PS3. It's struggling to sell, Microsoft is writing checks for established franchises, and everything else is going to the Wii because it's the dominate console. With the revelation of DQ X, the Wii has become the definitive JRPG console and like so many times Dragon Quest is the catalyst to the shift in support, meaning if SE is putting their staple RPG franchise on the Wii over the 360 and the PS3, RPG developers have no reason to be on the fence about that platform anymore as it is the only one with a guaranteed future.

Star Ocean 4 (Xbox 360) and Versus XIII (PS3) Says HI to the bolded.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

There's almost no point in putting any RPGs on the PS3. It's struggling to sell, Microsoft is writing checks for established franchises, and everything else is going to the Wii because it's the dominate console. With the revelation of DQ X, the Wii has become the definitive JRPG console and like so many times Dragon Quest is the catalyst to the shift in support, meaning if SE is putting their staple RPG franchise on the Wii over the 360 and the PS3, RPG developers have no reason to be on the fence about that platform anymore as it is the only one with a guaranteed future.

Star Ocean 4 (Xbox 360) and Versus XIII (PS3) Says HI to the bolded.

@highlighted

That's kinda funny cause Claude is the biggest SO fan on this site....

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

@Khuutra

Obviously, jRPGs ARE important for japanese market. Japanese gamers just don't get current generation of home consoles... well, until there'll be some of recognizable jRPG titles, and most of them were on DS\PSP this and last year.

You can't really call a console "the definitive JRPG console" if it's lacking a main FF installment.

Neoraf said:
Things change.

Once upon a time, all the JRPG were on the Nintendo side, the SuperNes.
More recently, Sony had all the JRPG support.

Now they are on a Microsoft console.
The Xbox 360 is the RPG console.

Never take things for granted in this world.
Things change.

Indeed, but only 1 out of all of them is worth playing in my opinion. and many others. no offence but alot of them has been fair to crap.

PS3 may have few compared to the 360 for now but we have better a better quality of them. Valkyria Chronicles And White Knight Chronicles may only be a couple but they both blow games like Blue Dragon And IU Out of the water. you really outta think before you post. :/