By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Caual Apparently Means Loooooooong Legs an NOT Just on Wii

Great spelling gramps. I hope you meant Casual in title.

I believe Casual refers to a shooter/ sports gamer or person plays games that are easy pick up and play now. Majority of people fall in this category.

Hardcore gamer is a fan of RPGs and JRPGs or games that require a lot of skill and hours to become skilled at and are not pick up and play games. Minority of gamers fall in this category.

Around the Network

yeah, not big deal. I mean, so much movement in the industry. HArd to keep updated, especially if u dont have the time

numonex said:

I believe Casual refers to a shooter/ sports gamer or person plays games that are easy pick up and play now. Majority of people fall in this category.

Hardcore gamer is a fan of RPGs and JRPGs or games that require a lot of skill and hours to become skilled at and are not pick up and play games. Minority of gamers fall in this category.

Since when JRPG:s require a lot of skill?

Esa-Petteri said:
numonex said:

Esa-Petteri said:
numonex said:

Final Fantasy IV DS is pretty damned brutal

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:
numonex said:

Is it any different from playstation-version? If it isn't, I don't see it requiring a lot of skill.

Esa-Petteri said:
numonex said:

You need to play more RPGs

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@outlawauron

I think I play a lot of JRPGs, I just find them very easy. Only thing you need is patience. Of course there must be some SRPGs which require at least some skill.

Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:
numonex said:

Is it any different from playstation-version? If it isn't, I don't see it requiring a lot of skill.

Yeah, actually. Difficulty's ramped up considerably so that status magic becomes much more important, and Ability management via Augment distribution is absolutely vital to victory in later fights no matter how high your levels ae.

Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:
numonex said:

Yeah, actually. Difficulty's ramped up considerably so that status magic becomes much more important, and Ability management via Augment distribution is absolutely vital to victory in later fights no matter how high your levels ae.

Heh heh that's the original Final Fantasy IV for you, a bitchin mo fo, the Japanese thought we Americans couldn't handle it so they made it easier on SNES and PS1, then they realized we could handle it and made the GBA game with the original difficulty, and the DS one is awesome cause it's got even more difficulty, and I love hard as crap games XD who's hardcore?  Final Fantasy IV players that's who!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000