By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest X officially announced for Wii

"yeah? well w-what did you expected? is in japan dood!"

"yeah? well I am not surprised..DQ games always had bad graphics doood!"

"Yeah? well FF13 is much better dooood!"

"yeah? well s-so what? we still have GTA dood!"

"yeah? well the wii..is..is..for casuals dooooooood!"

The more Nintendo advances, the more the HD fanboys are scared.

@legend: and what are those "big 5 games" you mention btw?

Around the Network

Good. It is the right console for it. I hope it makes it to Europe before 2011 though, but I am not holding my breath.

"The more Nintendo advances, the more the HD fanboys are scared."

I would say frustrated might be a better word. Obviously after you've been to the top of the mountain in gaming in games like Gears, GTA IV, MGS 4, Bioshock, Halo 3, Fallout 3 and Oblivion you obviously don't want some little console that can't even begin to come close to replicating the wonders seen and experienced in those games to come up and become the dominant system and set gaming technology back three to four years. If that was going to happen then we should have stook with the Dreamcast for seven or eight years.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

huh.

It seems people are now saying, it's "only Japanese support."

So... what's your point? A huge majority of my favorite console games come from Japan, so if the Wii can wrap up most/many of their games, I'm set! Have people suddenly forgot what the SNES library looked like?

I personally think HD consoles resemble the ol' PC's, it makes sense that it's getting a ton of western support. Still, it definitely won't hog all of it. If the Wii is flooded with great Japanese games, do you think the west will continue to ignore it? Nearly all the DS games worth playing are Japanese, and people seem to respect it a whole lot more than the Wii.

Around the Network

It's good to have more Japanese games, unless you are xenophobic, that is!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

So, what are the most promising Japanese titles for the Wii, starting next year?

c0rd said:

It seems people are now saying, it's "only Japanese support."

So... what's your point? A huge majority of my favorite console games come from Japan, so if the Wii can wrap up most/many of their games, I'm set! Have people suddenly forgot what the SNES library looked like?

I personally think HD consoles resemble the ol' PC's, it makes sense that it's getting a ton of western support. Still, it definitely won't hog all of it. If the Wii is flooded with great Japanese games, do you think the west will continue to ignore it? Nearly all the DS games worth playing are Japanese, and people seem to respect it a whole lot more than the Wii.

Western gaming has taken off and is actually becoming the dominant in the world right now see all the talk at the last TGS about how Japanese gaming is in trouble.  The big names in gaming are Halo, Gears, Fallout 3, Uncharted, God of War, GTA.  Its true I like niche Japanese rpgs, so probably I will have to get a Wii at some point for my niche games and some popular titles that I like like Mario Galaxy, DQ X, and Zelda.

I respect the DS more because of its Square games and Zelda, Mario, etc.

It's possible that if Sony bows out, then MS might consider it mission accomplished and do so as well, and all of the Western games could go back to being on the PC.  In that case Nintendo would be at the top of console gaming, console specific western developers like Rare, Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Silicon Knights, and Sucker Punch would probably switch to developing games for Nintendo, and I would hope for a much more powerful console from Nintendo next time out, that there would be no censorship placed by Nintendo in their games in regards to what developers in all regions would choose to place in their games, and that they would make sure all the great games were available in all regions. 

Heavens to Murgatoids.

JGarret said:
So, what are the most promising Japanese titles for the Wii, starting next year?

To me...

-Arc Rise Fantasia

-Muramasa Demon Blade

-Fragile

-NMH 2. Is that 2009?

JGarret said:

here, eat my thread

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=52039&page=1

tho some of those aren't Japanese titles.