By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What REAL exclusives does the 360 have right now?

JaggedSac said:
Stan85 said:
Does it matter if Alan Wake or Splinter Cell Conviction is on Pc? Really?

Will you buy Vista to play Alan Wake? Because XP is not compatible,you need Vista.

Will your Pc handle Splinter Cell Conviction? After seeing GTA 4 on Pc and how horrible the framerate are on a hygh-end Pc,i`m just wondering.

Also,does MS gain something for releasing the 360 games onto Pc? Because many say they don`t need a 360 because they got a Pc and that`s not true.

If M$ is the publisher, yes they do gain something.  M$ apparently feels that sales for a game on the 360 will not be harmed by releasing it on PC.

What a big mistake. Not only that a Pc player does not buy a 360 to play that MS published game,but also has the option of pirating the game,a thing that on the 360 is not as likely. Losing your console warranty and a ban on Live are big riscs. So it`s a double hit for MS.

Are you sure MS thinks that?

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
Stan85 said:

Will you buy Vista to play Alan Wake? Because XP is not compatible,you need Vista.

Will your Pc handle Splinter Cell Conviction? After seeing GTA 4 on Pc and how horrible the framerate are on a hygh-end Pc,i`m just wondering.

Also,does MS gain something for releasing the 360 games onto Pc? Because many say they don`t need a 360 because they got a Pc and that`s not true.

If M$ is the publisher, yes they do gain something. M$ apparently feels that sales for a game on the 360 will not be harmed by releasing it on PC.

I think they gain something for every game with the label "Games for Windows"

Stan85 said:
JaggedSac said:
Stan85 said:

If M$ is the publisher, yes they do gain something.  M$ apparently feels that sales for a game on the 360 will not be harmed by releasing it on PC.

What a big mistake. Not only that a Pc player does not buy a 360 to play that MS published game,but also has the option of pirating the game,a thing that on the 360 is not as likely. Losing your console warranty and a ban on Live are big riscs. So it`s a double hit for MS.

Are you sure MS thinks that?

If they were not gaining anything, do you think they would be stupid enough to publish more than 1 first party game.  They have Halo, Halo 2, Fable available on PC just to name a few.  The positives obviously outweigh the negatives.

Basically nothing, since M$ isn't interested in exclusive to console, per say, but are more interested in exclusives to PC/360.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Well Gears 1 was PC ported but there have been plenty of interviews where Epic has said constantly there will be no PC port for GoW2. It seems Microsoft puts out a game that doesn't have much of a market yet on PC, and once it gets big enough will stuff it as an Xbox exclusive. Seems like a good strategy to me.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network
Barozi said:
JaggedSac said:
Stan85 said:

If M$ is the publisher, yes they do gain something. M$ apparently feels that sales for a game on the 360 will not be harmed by releasing it on PC.

They do,but don`t they have to pay for that? Because the game will not work on an Apple ost,so XP or Vista only. So doesn`t MS pays for that? Also,when someone pirates a Pc game,it`s a risk free process and MS gets nothing. If you try to do that on a 360,it`s not that risk free as you think.

So why is MS losing money and fueling the flame war like "REAL Exclusives" threads?

I'd just like to nip this thing in the bud here. I don't care how long it will be before it becomes available on PC, or how heavy the spec requirements are. If it's available on PC or will be, then it's not exclusive to the 360 as far as I'm concerned. I'm already full up on games. I haven't even touched a number of Wii and DS games that I have, and I haven't even gotten a PS3 yet, and that's not even counting the PC, PS2, Gamecube and other Wii and DS games that I haven't even gotten yet.

By the time I actually get around to any of these 360 games, IF I get around to them, I'll probably have a new computer with much better specs, and I'm not a huge graphics whore, so I don't mind dropping all my graphical options down to the minimum while I play.

As for Microsoft's reasons for this, DUH. Microsoft still makes money and sales off of people who buy PCs and games for them, not just the 360.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Stan85 said:
Barozi said:
JaggedSac said:
Stan85 said:

They do,but don`t they have to pay for that? Because the game will not work on an Apple ost,so XP or Vista only. So doesn`t MS pays for that? Also,when someone pirates a Pc game,it`s a risk free process and MS gets nothing. If you try to do that on a 360,it`s not that risk free as you think.

So why is MS losing money and fueling the flame was like "REAL Exclusives" threads?

LOL.  Because M$ doesn't give a rats ass about forum flame wars.  The only thing they care about is profit.  So obviously having Halo 1 on the PC was a positive for them, so they proceeded to put number 2 on there, and so on.  Developers have to pay M$ fees to put the game on Windows.  Developers pay the fee because 89% of the market has Windows.

Grahamhsu said:
Well Gears 1 was PC ported but there have been plenty of interviews where Epic has said constantly there will be no PC port for GoW2. It seems Microsoft puts out a game that doesn't have much of a market yet on PC, and once it gets big enough will stuff it as an Xbox exclusive. Seems like a good strategy to me.

I agree with you 95%. I bought a 360 for GTA 4 (it was Easter and couldn`t wait for the Pc version). Many people I know bought it for Gears 2 because they enjoyed GEARS 1 on Pc,and i know a few people that bought one for Fable 2.

So it`s a good strategy,a very good one. Imagine if Mass Effect 2 and 3 will remain a 360 only game (MS owns the game`s universe wrights) or Resident Evil 5 will not go to the Pc,Halo 3 doesn`t get ported (and there are no signs it will)...all these will add up and people will want a 360 even if they have a gaming Pc,so...good strategy.

FaRmLaNd said:

I don't care much for aggregate reviews but I'll list some exclusive games.
Ikaruga
REZ HD

Ikaruga:  I enjoy that game quite a bit on my Gamecube, thank you.  AND it's a port of a Dreamcast game. 

Rez HD:  Its creator described it as "100 percent the same game" as the Dreamcast original (and the PS2 port).

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!