By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: Who can save the PS3?

markers said:
^the article wasnt about buying the developers, it was about cutting deals with them to get exclusives. alot cheaper than buying a company. and can be easily done by both sony and microsoft, just pay development and im sure and 3rd party would be happy to make the game exclusive

Okay... still makes no sense. MS paid 50 million dollar for exclusive DLC for GTA IV. So what do you expect how much an exclusive game like Resident Evil might cost?

Resident Evil has a good chance to sell more than 2 million units on the Xbox360. Money that capcom want to receive. So if Sony wants to have RE5 exclusive, they need to pay the missed profit capcom would have made with a Xbox360-version + a bonus of course. That is a lot of money, too. For ONE game. One game won't change the outcome of the console-battle.

It is much easier to make exclusives multiplat than making multiplats exclusive.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
The PS3 needs saving?

I second this :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

markers said:
^the article wasnt about buying the developers, it was about cutting deals with them to get exclusives. alot cheaper than buying a company. and can be easily done by both sony and microsoft, just pay development and im sure and 3rd party would be happy to make the game exclusive

And you think Sony can compete with M$ and Ninty in a cash battle? 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Every week there's something that makes me wonder whether IGN can sink any lower.
IGN's (Industry Consultancy Gods) super advice to Sony (Bunch of amateurs): "Just spend sh*tloads of money on exclusives and a pricedrop! Do it! We'll promise you you'll be back on top in no time!"

Yeah right, not been following the news I guess.
Oh stupid me, IGN makes the news. There're no losses for Sony and they don't have to fire people. Duh.

DMeisterJ said:
The PS3 needs saving?

Yeah i wonder about it too :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

That makes it sound as if the PS3 is failing horribly. Which it isn't. Sales could be way better, yes, but it's not like the console's dying or anything. Also, I'd assumed it'd be common knowledge by now that one or more great games don't really change a whole lot. Just take a look at the long list of games that were supposed to help the PS3 take the lead and beat the competition. They all failed to make as much impact as some people hoped. It's pretty clear by now that PS3 will never be first this generation, and it'll have to put up a huge fight to even come second.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Whats wrong the PS3? Is it failing somehow?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

BengaBenga said:
Every week there's something that makes me wonder whether IGN can sink any lower.
IGN's (Industry Consultancy Gods) super advice to Sony (Bunch of amateurs): "Just spend sh*tloads of money on exclusives and a pricedrop! Do it! We'll promise you you'll be back on top in no time!"

Yeah right, not been following the news I guess.
Oh stupid me, IGN makes the news. There're no losses for Sony and they don't have to fire people. Duh.

Most of IGN's editorials are a joke (but then that's the same with most websites) but they write the best reviews in the industry, so I still like them.

And the PS3 isn't failing, but it is coming in third right now, and I don't think Sony is too happy about that.

How do you know they didn't lay off all of these people SO they could cut the price of the PS3 and buy exclusives?

O.o

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Sony CEO : Its all gone tits up. I shall ask the mighty CELL for help.

CELL : I have the answer.

Sony CEO : Yes

CELL : Your not going to like it

Sony CEO : Tell me

CELL : Your really not going to like it.

Sony CEO : For Gods sake tell me !

CELL : Cut 8000 jobs and discontinue the PS3 immediately.

Sony CEO : Now thats what I call cold logic.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
DMeisterJ said:
The PS3 needs saving?

Certainly not. It is positively prone to take that second place position by 2009.

Corrected, thanks.