By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Live in Indiana? Give the gift of Abortion!

halogamer1989 said:
Comrade Tovya said:
SamuelRSmith said:
It's not just food, wat about water? Drinking water is a scarcity in many parts of the world and the cost of turning salt water into drinking water is through the roof. You then have to consider healthcare, and nations gain more resources through economic growth, which requires education.

None of this stuff comes cheap.

Once again, it has been proven, by the Israelis, that de-salting ocean water can be done in a cost effective fashion.  I am not against conservation by any means.  I am an ardent environmentalist...

The problem we have now is not a lack of resources, but a serious wasting of resources. 

On top of this, the Nile River alone discharges 300 million cubic metres of water everyday into the Mediteranean Sea.

There are 33814 in a cubic meter... so the Nile River ALONE discharges 10,144,200,000,000-oz. (yes, that's over 10-trillion ounces of water a day)

The average human is recommended to drink 32-oz. per day.  That means that the Nile River ALONE can sustain the drinking needs of 317,006,250,000 people.  (that's over 317-billion people).  And that's only one river amongst tens of thousands of rivers across the globe.

So the myth that we are running out of water is also wrong... there's plenty to go around.

And I thought mass depopulation was by hawkish right wing nutjobs ;)  OT, it any guy can become a dad.  It takes a real man to become a father.  Trust me, I know how it is..

My biggest deal is Liberals making up fantasy doomsday scenarios in their head and calling it fact.  Everything I listed is 100% scientific fact. (anyone can look up the numbers I presented online and see that it's a fact, God bless the internet)  Yes, our planet has problems, but it has nothing to do with a shortage of resources.  20 years ago, the Liberals were claiming we'd be flat out of oil by 2010.  And barely over a year from now we hit that date, and suddenly they are saying the number is 2030.  It's voodoo science.  And any person with half a brain and 15-min to spare can get online and do the math themselves and see that all the doomsday scenarios are a load of crap.

We are doing fine... our only problem is that 2/3 of the world still live in the 3rd world.  I believe in conservation and using what we have wisely, but the whole notion that mankind is some sort of demi-god that has the ability to change the Earth's temperature is just arrogant.  We aren't that poweful yet.

The idea that we are powerful enough to alter the eco-sphere, but we can't seem to solve the simple problem of hunger (which is well within our power) is just absurd.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
Its so dumb how people shit bricks about abortion on a daily basis while they go out and do nothing to help the thousands and thousands who die every day from starvation and violent conflict. These are people who care about life in theory only, not when it actually comes to doing anything.

Even I, one of the most liberal people on this board except for Rubang, am shipping off supplies to the troops in Iraq this Christmas alongside other donations I have made to world hunger and other causes. I may be for abortion, but I certainly value life more than most people do.

Dying from starvation is more painful than anything you can imagine. Hell, the fetus has it nice in comparison. Pretty quick and relatively painless.

About starvation and violent conflict...I am completely cool with donating to countries not as well off as ours but the thing is, if we do donate food and other necessities the corrupt governments of those countries seize what we have donated and give nothing to its citizens. I don't care about life in theory only...I just believe that the fetus actually deserves a shot at life....life, liberty, and the pursuit....

Ditto.

Not saying that this isn't always the case, but there are some illegal methods of abortion...

akuma587 said:
Its so dumb how people shit bricks about abortion on a daily basis while they go out and do nothing to help the thousands and thousands who die every day from starvation and violent conflict. These are people who care about life in theory only, not when it actually comes to doing anything.

Even I, one of the most liberal people on this board except for Rubang, am shipping off supplies to the troops in Iraq this Christmas alongside other donations I have made to world hunger and other causes. I may be for abortion, but I certainly value life more than most people do.

Dying from starvation is more painful than anything you can imagine. Hell, the fetus has it nice in comparison. Pretty quick and relatively painless.

the difference is a crime of indifference and an active crime.

In Abortion you are killing a baby. You can make yourself better about it and call it a fetus if you like, but it does not change the end result.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
akuma587 said:

In Abortion you are killing a baby. You can make yourself better about it and call it a fetus if you like, but it does not change the end result.

Amen to that bigjon.

Snesboy said:
akuma587 said:

About starvation and violent conflict...I am completely cool with donating to countries not as well off as ours but the thing is, if we do donate food and other necessities the corrupt governments of those countries seize what we have donated and give nothing to its citizens. I don't care about life in theory only...I just believe that the fetus actually deserves a shot at life....life, liberty, and the pursuit....

Ditto.

Not saying that this isn't always the case, but there are some illegal methods of abortion...

Right.. the problem is the same organizations that demand the U.S. Taxpayer's give to the U.N. to elimate poverty and world hunger are the same organizations that demand the right for a woman to be able to terminate a baby up to the third trimester...

So we can ship money & food to Africa to save babies, but our babies can be terminated if a mother wills it?  Something is just not right with that.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network
bigjon said:
akuma587 said:

Exactly.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Ugh
The Abortion debate always makes everyone look like a bunch of nutjobs.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Moongoddess256 said:
Ugh
The Abortion debate always makes everyone look like a bunch of nutjobs.

If caring about people makes me a nut-job, I can only hope I never fall off that list.

Almost 10-years years ago, I met Rabbi H. who is Orthodox (Chabad-Lubavitch)...

Our meeting was strictly by chance.  I was walking in Ridgmar Mall, and 2 skinheads were stolling around, and I heard them mocking someone who I couldn't see (I was coming down the escalator).

The kids were laughing and saying, "look at that f---ing Jew, you sorry b-----d, Hitler should have finished you kikes off" 

They were following him, and gave the impression that they were about to take their mocking to another level.

Me being who I am, stepped in, and said, "Hey, I'm a Jew, you got a problem with me too?  Step on up punk-ass"

I was a little more than an impossing figure back then to say the least... I was the kind of guy people avoided when they walked down the street.  I got in their faces and repeated myself.

The one guy says, "no sir, we love Jews, we ain't got a problem" and his friend says, "damn dude, this guy is crazy, let's get out of here".

After they took off, the Rabbi asked me, "Boruch Hashem, how wonderful it is for me to run into such a big Jew here in the middle of Texas to help me".

And I told him, "I'm not Jewish" and he asked me, "then why did you get involved?"

I told him, "right is right, and wrong is wrong.. what kind a person would I be if I turned my back on someone in need?"

We've been friends ever since.

The point is, both he and the skinheads thought I was crazy for getting involved in a problem that wasn't my own... but I ask, isn't it more crazy to ignore those who need your help?

The unborn child has no one to help them... if someone doesn't want them, they can be terminated legally at will.  That is a tragedy. 

A "nutjob" is a person who keeps their mouth shut out of fear... they're more worried about what people will think about them than saving another person's life.  I can't think of how many times in my life when I've seen people ignore the needy and refuse to aid the helpless... what you call a nutjob, I call a hero... because they fear nothing, and place needs of others above themselves.  So if your definition of a nutjob is someone who speaks up when others are silent, then I'm honored to be placed upon such a list.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

That is class A stuff comrade.

vlad321 said:
Just an interesting observation pertaining to abortion, I'm also not generalizing here, or at least trying my best not to. The most interesting people I have noticed are the religious republicans here who will go on and on and on about how government should stay out of people's lives as much as possible, then you ask them about abortion and they do a complete 180 turn on you. Not saying everyone, just the ones that are like that are interesting.

That would be similar to accusing them of hypocrisy for opposing murder. They view abortion as murder and, therefore, the government has the duty to protect others (fetus) from harm. 

Abortion is a contentious issue because those who oppose abortion classify it as malum in se. Those who support it view it as a constitutional right. It makes compromise, which is what I advocate, an impossible goal.